[55] "The heart wants what the heart wants."

AN: When I first started writing GF, there was going to be a shooting at the school and there were going to be many causalities. If you remember chapter 1, Teddy talked about it with his mom. I've went back and adjusted the beginning to fit the new ending. My heart couldn't handle writing that scene. I thought about it multiple times. I live in central Florida and a few weeks ago there was a shooting at a night club where many people died. There has also been a lot of violence across the country. It influenced my decision to rewrite part [54].

My ultimate plan for GF is to finish it up and go back and make changes. GF will be a Wattpad forever story because I don't have plans of becoming a YA writer. My published stories will only feature adults.
xoxoxox

:

[55] "The heart wants what the heart wants."

Three days later...

​Teddy walked into Sammie's hospital room and observed his cousin unconscious. Connected to him were multiple machines. His condition wasn't severe but according to the doctors Sammie wasn't out of the woods yet.

​Teddy reminisced being stuck in the lobby with his family and friends from school waiting for any news on Sammie. His aunt Sierra was devastated during that period of time. She couldn't fully celebrate the life of her new son when Sammie was fighting for his. Worrying ended up making her blood pressure too high and she was forced to be medicated to help her relax. Jayda was in shock during that night. Resting her head on Damon's shoulder Teddy watched as she wouldn't talk to anyone. She sat there quietly waiting.

They had a large family. Majority of the Coleman's were located in Louisiana and they all made the commute to be there for Sammie. All of the Adams of Texas were there as well. What surprised Teddy is that Nevaeh's family was present as well. Out of everyone is the room Nevaeh's grandmother was the calmest and assured everyone that Sammie would fine. They all trusted her word. After hearing the news all of the adults calmed down which also made the teens and kids relax.

​Except for Nevaeh.

​By Monday, everyone had to return to their normal routines but Nevaeh refused to leave she barely acknowledged Teddy when he walked into the room.

​"Any changes?" Despite being shot his cousin looked peaceful sleeping in his hospital bed.
​"Nope." Nevaeh answered but didn't she didn't take her face off of Sammie. Teddy settled her books and assignments on a small table in the room.

​"Vay, I'm worried about you. I know you want to be here for Sammie but you know you can't miss school. We have finals coming up."

​"I don't care."

​"Sammie wouldn't want you to miss class. You could easily come afterwards. Our families can take shifts so he's never alone.

​"I want to be here when he wakes up."

​Nevaeh hadn't left Sammie's side since he was admitted. The hospital staff made an exception of her staying overnight because she refused to leave. Her mother brought her a change of clothes and she used the on suite shower to freshen up. Teddy believed the only actual time she left was to grab food and that's only because everyone refused to do it for her. They all wanted her to get some fresh air and attempt to take her mind off of the situation but instead of going out to get food, Nevaeh would grab something from the cafeteria or vending machine and would be back by Sammie's side within ten minutes.

​Teddy went to stand next to Sammie so Nevaeh would have to look at him.

​"Vay, he's going to be okay."

​She wiped her eyes as she started to get teary eyed. "I should have done something. It wasn't supposed to be like this. I was supposed to leave prom and find him."