[21] "I'll let the truth come out."

Destiny smiled when she saw her father begin to squirm. Good for him. She liked that she made him nervous, that she held so much power.

"Where is she?" she asked, looking around the house. It was nice, she thought to herself. Her mother always had expensive taste so she didn't expect anything less.

"Destiny, don't do this," Sean pleaded.

She chuckled. "You mean, don't tell the truth?" she asked. "Why should I do any favors for you? You left D.C. with the one person I care about without telling me!"

"What's going on?"

Destiny turned and saw her mother standing in the entranceway of the living room. She smiled at her. "Hi mom. How are you doing?"

"Destiny," Yolanda whispered.

"Why does everyone say my name like that?" She questioned. "Destiny, Destiny, Destiny," she mocked. "Did you really not expect me to follow you? Especially since you took Dezi from me!"

Sean was at a loss of words. He didn't know how to respond to Destiny. He looked at his wife for help. She got the message and stepped in.

"Destiny, we were thinking of Desiree's safety and future."

"Do you think I would ever hurt her!" Destiny screeched. "Why shouldn't I tell her the truth?" Destiny yelled towards Sean and Yolanda.

"The truth about what?"

Everyone turned and saw Desiree standing in the hallway. Her hair was a mess, scattered on top of her head and she was still in her pajamas. She slowly walked toward the trio in the living room. "What truth? I heard you all yelling. I hate when you fight. I don't understand why you can't get along."

Sean sighed before walking over and picking Desiree up. He took her to the couch. "You shouldn't be on this knee, you'll make it worse."

"My knee is fine. What were you talking about?" Desiree asked.

"We're just talking about grown up stuff, it doesn't concern you," Sean stated.

"But it does," Desiree argued. "Look, I asked Destiny to come." Desiree looked over at at her sister. "I need her."

"I'm not going anywhere," Destiny informed her. She smiled at Desiree. "You know I don't get along with your parents."

"Our parents," Desiree corrected her.

Destiny chuckled. "They stopped being my parents a long time ago."

The room was thick with tension. Yolanda tried to help the situation. "How about we all separate? Take a breather and talk later." She looked at Desiree. "You could show Destiny your room and tell her about your night?" she suggested.

Desiree liked the idea. "Okay."

Destiny moved over and helped her stand. They started moving in the direction.

"How long are you here for?"

The question was asked by Sean. "There was nothing pleasant about his tone of voice. Destiny and Desiree were aware of it. Destiny smiled. "For as long as she needs me. Maybe I can turn into the big sister you and Yolanda have always pressured me to be."

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Desiree watched as Destiny walked around her bedroom. As she scrutinized the room, Desiree took the time to look at her. Destiny was beautiful. It was early in the morning but she was dressed from head to toe, as if she stepped out of a magazine cover. Desiree felt fortunate that they shared the same looks.