six months

we're both a little broken so maybe you can see me 

For two entire months, Hina was left with radio silence. None of the communication was working, leaving Hina nervously checking and double checking everyday for any word from Jason. 

Even worse, a handful campers has vanished, leaving no trace. 

Meanwhile, Harley had begun constructing what he called a "three-legged death race" which sounded anything but fun to Hina. 

The boy was engrossed in the project, convinced that it would help bring some joy to Camp Half-Blood.

Hina was relieved to see the youngest camper finally focused on something besides his crazy attempts to bring Leo back to camp. 

That night, the campers gathered around the enchanted fire, soft marshmallows roasting over top. The barrier preventing the cold weather to enter the camp had been deactivated, the demigods all wrapped up in winter coats.

Hina had the faux fur collar of her white parka pulled close around her neck. A rugged ukulele sat in her hands as she strummed a tune as Will led the group in a somber song.

The fire seemed to reflect the worry that had entrenched itself within Camp Half-Blood. Every possible form of communication was haywire, and they were cut off from the outside world. No one had entered camp in over a month, and any satyrs on duty were completely off the radar.

As they finished the final verse, a loud laugh came from the woods behind them. 

Rising to her feet, Hina dropped the instrument as two figures emerged from the darkness of the trees. 

A young girl led a guy who was erupting into a fit of giggles. He promptly announced: "Oh, hi! I'm Apollo!" before collapsing onto the frozen grass.

For a half minute, no one moved.

Will reacted first, calling for his siblings as he approached the teen. Reluctantly, Hina followed, kneeling beside him to get a closer look.

"Is it really him?" Kayla asked, furrowing her brows. "You said you saw him in Greece, right Hina?"

She nodded, before shaking her head. "I did, but he looked nothing like this. There's no way he'd willingly look like this."

Hina gestured to the unconscious boy, he was riddled with pimples and acne scars, furthermore, he had a slight stomach that rose and fell beneath his t shirt. He was the complete opposite of what the self-centered Apollo had appeared in Delos.

"Are you going to help?" the young girl from beside the possible Apollo asked. Her arms were crossed, and a big frown covered her pudgy face.

"Uh, yeah, sorry," Will said, gesturing for Sherman to help lift the guy. "Hins, you're with me. Connor, take care of the newbie."

Connor saluted, approached the girl. "Hey, I'm Connor, what's your name?"

"Meg."

"She's chipper," he whispered from the corner of his mouth. 

Before Hina could scold him, Meg grabbed the nearest stick and smacked Connor across the face. Connor let out a string of curse words, as he covered his face. "My eyes!"

"Um, maybe you should stay with Meg, Sherman," Hina suggested, slowly turning away from the disaster unfolding in front of her. 

"Do I have to?" 

"Yes," Hina and Will replied in unison. Sherman sighed, dropping his hold on the unconscious god.

Hina struggled to support the weight of Apollo, as her and Will staggered to the Apollo cabin.