#SkypeMarriage

#SkypeMarriage

Mom: *at the dinner table, talking with me about one of my internet friends* I dunno how you feel, but I think he has a crush on you.

Me: *Facepalm*

Mom: *shrugs* And, I mean, you guys are right, you're both too young for that kind of thing-

Me: I'm not dating till I'm thirty.

Mom: But it would be really cool if you knew him for a long time, got to be really good friends, and then dated him.

Me: -.-

Mom: Maybe you could have your relationship via Skype.

Me:  ? Uh, long-distance relationships never work out, according to fanfics and television shows.

Mom: Well, I mean, it wouldn't work if you were married-

Me: *laughs* Ha, Skype Marriage! That's another requirement of my marriage, it has to be over Skype, even if the dude is in the room over!

Mom: *sigh* What I'm saying is, you could just get closer in a friendly way over Skype.

Me: Then it wouldn't be dating.

Mom: That's not what I- Well, I just- all my friends who married their highschool sweethearts stayed married, and why? Because they were friends beforehand.

Me: But then there's that fear of ruining your friendship if the relationship doesn't end well.

Mom: Some people can just agree to go back to being best friends.

*conversation continues, then eventually drifts off towards the topic of how our food was cooked*

...

...

Mom: You know, but maybe he and you could-

Me: *eye twitches* MOOOM