A Great Success

It was early in the afternoon when Mizuki was summoned to Hokage's office. She couldn't think of a reason as to what Kakashi would need her for, especially while she was at work, so she was really confused. Nonetheless she promptly made her way to the Hokage tower. She knocked on the door and waited for Kakashi's response before entering.

"Good afternoon, Mizuki-san." He greeted her when she approached his desk.

"Good afternoon, Hokage-sama." She replied.

"I'm sure you're wondering why I called for you out of the blue." Mizuki nodded. "There is a small favour I want to ask of you. You see, we seem to be short of jonin medics with the sudden influx of missions lately. Tsunade and I talked and were hoping that you would be able to fill in as the medic for one of our jonin teams? Despite being a chunin, Tsunade has faith in your capabilities and I take her word for it."

Mizuki was stunned, she hadn't expected this. Though she quickly said yes because she remembered when she was first hired, Tsunade had told her she was still expected to take field missions if a shortage of medic nins was a problem. It was her job and she wouldn't neglect her duties.

"Of course, Hokage-sama. When do I need to be ready?"

"I apologize for the short notice but in an hour. You will be joining your team at the gates. Your other teammates will include Asato Hideo and Hirai Kenzou. I need you three to pick up a few important scrolls from our Daimyo at the country's capital. If all goes well you should be back in three days. Do you have any questions?" Mizuki shook her head. Meet with the team, get some important papers, and come home; sounded pretty straight forward to her.

"That is all then. Good luck and thank you." Mizuki gave him a small bow and left the building to go inform Tsunade that she was leaving. She received a hug from her sensei who wished her luck.

It has been a while since she was on the field, nearly 6 months actually. She worried that her combat skills were a little rusty but when the lives of her teammates rested in her hands, she knew she couldn't mess up no matter what. And if Tsunade had faith in her like Kakashi said, then she should too.

After she fixed herself a quick meal she went about packing her stuff. She grabbed her bag and packed it with the essentials: bandages, disinfectant wipes, food rations, water, extra weapons, cloth, and a few small surgical tools. She changed into her kunoichi outfit, a light blue sleeveless kimono-style blouse with white vertical stripes and a navy obi around the waist, a pair of navy shorts, and black high-heeled boots. Her blonde hair was tied in a high ponytail and her new headband was worn proudly over her forehead. A black weapons pouch was strapped to her right thigh to complete her outfit.

Since it was her first mission in a while she decided it would be best that she get there early just to make sure she wasn't late. When she arrived at the gates she noticed there were two tall shinobis conversing with Izumo and Kotetsu. Since she couldn't see any other people there she decided to approach them.

When she got closer, Kotetsu noticed her and waved her over.

"Hey there, Mizuki."

"Hello." She gave a small wave to the other three who now noticed her presence.

"What brings you here, Mizu?" Izumo asked.

"Um...I'm supposed to meet my team here for a mission? I'm filling in as the medic cause there's a shortage of jonin medics."

"Ah gotcha. Well let me introduce you to them. This here is Hideo and that's Kenzou." Izumo said, gesturing towards the two males that they were originally talking to.

Mizuki peered at her two teammates and greeted them. Hideo looked to be about 6 feet, with spiky brown hair, warm hazel eyes and a slim muscled figure. He wore a red sleeveless shirt with black joggers and his headband was wrapped around his waist. His friend Kenzou was slightly taller but packed with a lot more muscles. His black hair was pulled back into a bun and a thick beard dominated his face. He wore a dark grey collared jacket with light grey joggers. His headband rested on his forehead and two pouches were attached to either thighs by white bandages. Compared to her short stature, he was quite the intimidating fellow.