A Trip Home

It was a dark rainy night in Kiri. An elderly couple were sitting at their dining table having dinner when they heard a knock on their door, they looked at each other perplexed.

"Are you expecting anyone?" The woman asked. Her husband shook his head. "No, are you?"

The woman shook her head and stood up when there was another knock, her husband followed closely behind her. She opened the door and gasped.

"Mizuki?" She asked in disbelief. Her husband peered over his wife to see their beloved granddaughter standing in front of them, completely drenched.

"Ojiisan! Obaasan! I missed you two so much!" Mizuki exclaimed. Tears gathered in her grandma's eyes who choked back a sob. She wrapped her bony fingers around her granddaughter and pulled her into their home. Without hesitation they both pulled Mizuki into a hug, not caring that they got soaked in the process.

"We missed you too, dear." She cried into Mizuki's shoulder. "What are you doing here though?"

"Baasan! I told you I was home for a month because Lady Tsunade and I are here to run a training program for that new jutsu."

Her grandmother laughed through her tears. "Yes, yes. I remember now. Where is she anyways?"

"She's staying at the hotel with the rest of the team. She said she'd stop by when things are settled."

"That's wonderful, it's been a while since I've seen that old hag."

Mizuki gasped. "Baasan, you can't call her that! Besides, aren't you older than her?"

"Oh hush, I can call her whatever I want. Now come, let's dry off and you can tell us all about your new home."

"They're learning very quickly, wouldn't you say?" Mizuki asked.

"They are, I'm impressed."

Mizuki chuckled. "Really? You're never impressed, Tsuna."

Tsunade rolled her eyes. "That's not true, you impressed me didn't you?"

"Well, I guess that's true." Mizuki said as she unlocked the door to her old home.

"Ojiisan! Obaasan! I'm home, and I have a guest with me!" Mizuki yelled.

"A guest? Who?" She heard her grandma's reply coming from the kitchen. Mizuki and a smirking Tsunade walked into the kitchen.

"You!" Her grandma shouted while roughly slamming down the metal bowl she was holding. "I thought you'd be dead by now." Mizuki gasped. "Obaasan! You can't say that!"

"I could say the same for you, Chiyo. You're older than I am!" Tsunade retorted back, still with the same smirk on her lips.

"Tsuna! Why can't you two ever get along?" Mizuki's complaints went unheard by the two boisterous women.

"Keh, it's been a while since I've seen your fake face. Are you still shit at gambling?" Chiyo sneered.

Mizuki watched in horror as a vein popped on Tsunade's forehead. "Shit? I'll gamble your whole damn fortune away from you. You cheated that last fucking time because you know you can't win otherwise!"

"We'll see about that, you old hag!" Retorted Mizuki's grandma. She slammed her hands on the table aggressively and glared at Tsunade. After an intense stare off they stormed into the living room. Mizuki heard crude names being thrown around and the sound of a wooden table being unfolded. Mizuki looked helplessly at her grandpa who had come downstairs after hearing the commotion from the two stubborn women.