Epilogue

"Where is he?" Kakashi asked, exasperated.

Shikamaru sighed. "Your guess is as good as mine."

The two men stood behind a set of railings in front of the Hokage monument, overlooking the gathered villagers. The collective chatter from the large crowd filled the atmosphere. Kakashi pinched his nose. "You would think that today of all days, he would get his act together for once."

Kakashi glanced at Shikamaru. Without a single hint of a joke in his voice, he said to his friend. "I should have given the position to you."

Mizuki reclined against the couch, flipping through TV channels and sipping her iced tea when the door opened. A smile overtook her face when she saw her lovely husband step through the door. But her smile fell a little when she noticed his tired face.

"Hey there, how did the inauguration go?" She asked, scooting over so he could sit down beside her. Instead he stretched his body out on the couch and laid his head in her lap. Mizuki instinctively ran her hand through his soft hair, occasionally caressing his face.

"He was an hour late." Kakashi mumbled, turning his head into her stomach.

Kakashi felt her body shake as she laughed loudly. "That definitely sounds like something only Naruto would do. What could have possibly made him an hour late to his own inauguration?"

Kakashi groaned. "The idiot slept in."

Mizuki giggled. "Do you regret handing your position over to him?"

"Yes. Should have given it to Shikamaru."

Mizuki smiled lovingly at him. "Well, at least he will have Shikamaru as his advisor. He'll be in good hands and so will the village."

"That's the only reason why I'm not regretting it more." Mizuki tsked and pulled his ear, drawing a grunt from Kakashi.

"Don't be so cruel, he has his redeeming qualities."

Kakashi flipped around and glared up at her. "You didn't have to explain to the whole village where their new Hokage was."

Mizuki chuckled. He had a good point, she couldn't possibly imagine how embarrassing that must have been.

"So how was your visit to the hospital. Are you okay?" Kakashi asked, looking up at her.

Everything was definitely okay, exciting even. For the last week Mizuki had been feeling nauseous and tired but Kakashi didn't know that, he just thought she was sick. As a medic nin she already knew what was wrong with her but she still wanted a second opinion and to get a check-up. So the first thing this morning was to go to the hospital to see Tsunade and she confirmed that Mizuki was indeed pregnant, three weeks along to be exact.

Mizuki grinned down at him. "I'm pregnant."

She watched a myriad of emotions cross Kakashi's face - shock, disbelief, realization, worry, shock again, then finally confusion.

He sat up, his mouth opening and closing but he still remained speechless. "Y-you...pregnant?"

Mizuki giggled, it was not everyday she got to see her cool and composed husband get so flustered. "Yes. We're going to be parents."

Mizuki's smile softened, she gently grasped his face between her hands. "Are you happy?"

Kakashi didn't say anything right away. He gripped her waist and pulled her towards him in a tight hug. He fell back against the couch so her body laid on top of his. Mizuki grinned into his chest, chuckling to herself. She placed her hands on his chest and pushed her face away from his body to get a good look at him. Before she could even get a word out, she found herself moaning against his lips.

Eventually she had to pull back when she ran out of air. She leaned her forehead against his, trying to catch her breath from that mind numbing kiss. When her breathing became normal again, she looked Kakashi in the eyes with a smile on her lips.

"I take it you're happy then?" She teased.

Kakashi chuckled and stood from the couch, gathering her in his arms.

"You couldn't tell from that kiss? Guess I wasn't clear enough, but I'll change that soon." He said, with conviction in his voice.

Mizuki wrapped her arms around his neck, laughing all the way to their bedroom.