Chapter 3

Harley's P.O.V

I was writhing on the ground when I heard a loud thump. I almost screamed but instead I bit my lip, I had an idea that would get Jasper here but it was risky. Seeing as the room was sound proof I had only one choice. Slowly I crawled, with the pain getting worse each milimeter. Finally I got to the massive dresser and grabbed the scissors from the top of it. I took them and with a deep breath stabbed them into my arm and yanked down, drawing lots of blood. Either Jasper or another vampire would find me, I was either going to die or be changed or maybe Jasper could save me. I heard a small scream and the door was flung open, Jasper was standing there and he made a run for me. I could tell exactly what he was planning but instead, two vampires pulled him back and one of them in a way bit me.

"LEAVE HER ALONE!" Jasper screamed at the messy brown hair. 

"He's saving her." A man says. That voice was dreadfully familiar. The pain started to go away and then I was able to sit up. I could feel the venom's affects (A/N that's the proper one right or is it effect?) wearing off. The boy I had met earlier, Edward I think, smiled slowly at me. That's when I realized Carlisle, Esme and Rosalie were there. Carlisle and Peter dropped Jasper and Charlotte came over to me, sliding on the ground and taking my face in her hands.

"Are you alright?" she asks me, looking me over for any wounds.

"I'm fine." I state blandly, Carlisle wrapped my arm up quickly and Jasper stalked out of the room. Peter helped me to my feet, he smiled sadly at me. Rosalie had hard eyes and she was muttering things back and forth with Edward, Esme and Carlisle. Peter, Charlotte and I walked out of the party to find Jasper waiting on the steps for us. We were walking slowly, not daring to push my sore body any more than it could handle.

"Harley." a voice says. The four of us whip around to see Edward staring at me. 

"Edward?" I ask slowly. Esme and Rosalie looked like they were ready to fight.

"We want you to come with us." He tells me slowly.

"Like hell." Jasper snarls, putting an arm in front of me.

"It's her choice" Edward glowers at him and walks forward. "You don't have a say." 

"I'm not going to let her go with vampires that only want her as their next meal" Jasper snarls.

"I don't eat humans unlike you scumbags" snarls Edward. Jasper got chest to chest with Edward, I put my hand on his arm.

"Jazz, stop. Breathe." I calmly say. Jasper steps back and looks at me. "Edward, thank you for the offer but I hardly know you and Jasper would never let anything or anyone hurt me." I respond calmy before grabbing Jasper and yanking him to the car with the other two.  We rode in an insufferable silence, all the way to the hotel. I bit my tongue from speaking only because I didn't want to risk Jasper loosing his temper. We got back to the hotel and as quickly as we were there, the three of them were gone. I sighed heavily before walking up to the room. I looked at the paper sitting on the counter, reading all of the headlines and laughing at all of the funny comics. I covered the bite mark on my neck with my hair and changed into a night gown. After I was done reading the local paper I sat down and started looking at the file I had on Maria. I put the pen in my hand to my lips, tapping it thoughtfully and occasionally jotting down a possibility as to where she may be. A knock sounded on the door, I stood up and put the stuff down.  

"Jazz?" I ask slowly, a bad feeling in my stomach. I went towards the door as it was smashed in and felt something ram into me. I instantly kicked up, my attacker loosened their hold on me and I used the second to break away and grab a knife off the counter. "Who are you?" I huff as the tall man stands up, his red eyes staring at me in a cold manner.