43- Halloween Baby Shower

Comenzar desde el principio

"You do look like him! That's brilliant!"

"Thank you."

Everyone parts to get drinks and dance. Isla stays by my side, taking long sips of her drink. "I know what you're trying to do," I say.

"What?" she asks.

"Don't act dumb. You want me to tell Jon that Christian is his son!"

"No, I don't!"

"You invited him here and to the hospital."

"He wanted to see you at the hospital and also now! I did nothing!"

"Please don't give him false hope!"

"I won't!"

"It's not his son."

"You don't know that."

"Isla!"

"What? I'm right! You don't know that!"

"Christian is..."

"What?"

"He's too white."

"Are you serious right now?"

"Yes. There's no way vanilla this white came out of chocolate that dark. Don't comment on that."

"Christian didn't come out of Jon," she says with a smirk. "You gave birth."

"Shut up."

"Are you alright, ladies?" Zoey asks, having a glass of champagne in her hands. Smith joins us, offering me a drink. I take it from him.

"If Isla stops this nonsense, we are," I say, not parting my eyes from Isla.

"What nonsense?" Zoey asks.

"Mia doesn't want to admit that Christian could be Jon's son," Isla says and gets hit by me instantly. "Ouch!"

"He could hear us!" I look around to make sure he's not close.

"You can't just say he's not Jon's son 'cause he doesn't look black," Isla says.

"She's right," Zoey says. "Babies have different shades of skin, and it changes over time. Considering Christian's just born, his skin will change."

"I was already pregnant when I slept with him!"

"From who? The guy at your party?" Isla says. "You don't remember sleeping with anyone at your party! You only remember some random dance and a little peck from James, and the rest is probably a dream."

I toss the drink back and get surprised when I get no alcohol taste. "What is this?" I ask Smith.

"I don't know. Why?" He responds.

I roll my eyes and leave to get some alcohol.

"Mia," Jon says, approaching me.

"Jon."

"You look... good."

"Thank you. You don't look so bad yourself."

"How are you feeling?"

"I feel... not bad. You?"

"Same. Isla said you named him Christian."

"Yes! I did."

"It's great. How is he?"

"I got to hold his little hands today."

"That's good. It's progress."

"Yes. A slow one."

"I wanted to give you this." He gets something out of the bag he has in his hand. It's a little shirt, and as he unfolds it, the design shows itself. Spider-Man.

"Ain't a Halloween baby shower without a costume for the baby, right?"

"It's so sweet!" I take it from him. He gets little red shoes out of the same bag. "Oh, my God! These are so cute!"

"Spider-Man has the best recovering powers among heroes," Jon says. "So Christian will be okay after wearing these."

"Wolverine has the best healing factor. But that's so sweet, Jon!" I hug him tightly, feeling all too overwhelmed by everything. It lasts a little long, but he doesn't protest. "Thank you," I whisper, and he nods while holding me. His hold feels too good. My worrying mind rests in the comfort of his presence.

"I can't believe Jon Snow's hugging me," he says, and I pull away from him.

"What?"

"You're Kit Harington, right?"

"No!"

"Who's Mia dressed as?" Jon asks Isla, who is watching us with a big grin.

"Kit Harington, duh!" she replies.

"Oh, my God!" I get furious. "You're joking! Please tell me you're joking!"

"Then who are you?" Isla asks.

"You know nothing, Jon Snow," Zoey says, and Smith lifts his drink to it. Then, all of a sudden, the entire room lifts their drink and waits for me.

"Oh, whatever." I grab a drink and toast, then toss it back at once.

We start to unwrap other people's gifts. Isla's got a fancy bottle and milk warmer. Zoey's got me a breast-pumping device, which is very considerate. Guys from Whoosh got a portable bed, and other people have sweet gifts. And last but not least, a baby carrier that Smith has bought. I thank everyone, and after hours, they leave one by one.

When only Isla, Zoey, and Smith are left, we decide to see little Christian.

Christian's little fist is holding one of the wires connected to his body, and I think that is the cutest scene I can ever witness.

"What is that?" Zoey asks me. I open my hand, and the Spider-Man shirt hangs from my fingers. "Who got it?" She asks.

"Jon," I say, closing my fist.

"Oh, my God!" Isla says.

"Shut up!" I say. "If I hear a word, I'll fight all of you."

"Alright! Jesus!" Isla shakes her head. "Stop shouting, King of the North."

"I'm Keanu Reeves!"

"Keanu Reeves?" Isla says. "Girl, your wig is curly!"

Smith laughs. "This is the best day of my life." I punch him on the shoulder, and he still laughs. My phone buzzes in my pocket. It's a text from Ian.

'Dad won't tell me about it. What happened that day?' It reads.

"What day?" I ask myself, remembering our conversation that I had forgotten about completely. Thanksgiving 2010. I cover my mouth with my hand, not believing I've told about that day to Ian in my drunken state. How could I do that? I'm not going to answer his text. He's going to drop it.

Suddenly, my phone starts ringing, and I freeze, looking at the name popping on my phone. 'Lil Headache'. Aka Ian.

When I get home, I immediately crash on my bed. My head hits something, and I get up to turn the lights on. There's a bag on my bed. Who put it here? Is it a gift?

There's a note on it.

'For lonely nights. ;)'

I open the bag, and a big pink dildo appears in my sight.

"Damn!" I blurt out. "Who got me this?" I look for a name on the bag or the note, but there's nothing. Whoever got me this didn't know I'm always lonely at night.