27- I'm not your friend anymore!

27 I'm Not Your Friend Anymore

Zoey calls me as I'm stretching my body so the soreness of my back decreases. I pick up the phone. "Hey, Zoey. What's up?"

"I need you to come to my place right now," she whispers.

"What?"

"My place. Now!"

"Okay. I'm there in thirty minutes."

After half an hour, I get to her house and ring the doorbell. Zoey opens the door instantly. "Hey," I say.

"Hey, Mia!" She grabs my hand and pulls me inside. "Come on in!"

"What's—" I cut myself as the figure of Zoey's dad standing in the living room gets my attention. "Mr. Pearson?" I say, and he nods.

"Ms. Collins," he addresses me.

Zoey seems too anxious to notice our awkward greeting. "Mia, why don't you change in my room?" She says and drags me to her room. After opening the door, she shoves me inside and closes the door.

"Wait! Zoey!" My words stay unanswered, and I turn around.

"Don't scream," the naked man in the room says.

"Fuck!" I nearly shout and jump backward as I see Zoey's assistant standing here naked. He's covering his front with his hands. While my back lies against the door, I clung to it for dear life. "What the hell are you doing here?" I ask, slowly regaining my posture. "You, lucky bastard! Zoey's dating you?"

"We're just having sex. It's not a big deal."

"God, I hope not. Her dad can't even stand the sight of me. And I'm just her friend. You're fucking her."

"Thanks!"

"Why don't you just stay here until he goes? And maybe put on some pants? Please?"

"My clothes are not here. Zoey took them off as we made our way to the room. It's probably everywhere."

"You came at the wrong time."

"I didn't."

I squint at him. "I didn't mean that! Stay here. I'll find your clothes. Please hide somewhere instead of standing in the middle of the room naked. Nobody's painting you."

I get out of the room and start searching for his clothes. His shirt is on the couch, so I walk toward it.

"Here to take her on another night out?" Mr. Pearson says and stops me in my tracks. I turn around and face him.

"No," I say. "It's a school night, remember?"

He shakes his head. "You mock me, but you know nothing." He walks toward the couch, and I panic, mildly trotting to sit on the shirt. He notices my weird trot and says nothing, then sits on the sofa across from me.

"I'm glad you listened to what I said and came here," I say.

"It wasn't because of what you said."

I put my hair behind my ears. "Okay." Zoey has found the assistant's pants. She wants to grab the shirt from my hand, but I can't move, so she rushes to the bedroom again.

"Zoey's not dying. And I hope I'm not either," Phil says to me.

"What?" I ask.

"You said I don't have much time to be with her."

"Oh. I didn't mean you would die. But life is unpredictable and short. You never know when the last time you see someone is."

"I hope you don't mean someone wants to kill me."