Chapter 24

Hey everyone! Thank you for the kind messages! It really means a lot. I appreciate you all. 🖤

Please vote and comment if you like this chapter. It means a lot xoxo.

We are currently sitting in the garden. Stefan said it's a nice afternoon for us to spend some time in his garden which I really don't mind at all. The weather is indeed so nice today. We are sitting in the swinging chair with Liam already falling sleep on his father's chest.

"You know you really pulled my hair so hard yesterday", Stefan says out of nowhere.

"I don't remember", I blurt and keep my gaze on the front.

Stefan laughs and slides closer to me.

"My head is still hurting because of that", he murmurs.

"Do you want a head massage?", I ask battling my eyelash innocently.

"No but this will definitely help", he declares and swinging his arm around me, he leans his head on the top of my head.

"Whatever helps you then", I smile contently and place my head on his shoulder. I swear to God, this is perfect. Liam's little sleeping face is just beside mine. I stroke his cheek softly.

"Stefan?"

"Hmmm"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Anything", he mutters and starts playing with my hair.

"Why did you decide to leave from here forever?"

I don't look at him because I won't be able to hold his gaze seriously while he tells me why he's leaving. My heart will hurt so bad. Not that it's not already hurting.

"I really want to start a new life with Liam somewhere else", he sighs. "I don't want him to stay here because I know Ana will try to just barge into our lives. Again and again. I don't even want her shadow on my son. My stay is overdue here because of my dad's business but once I'm able to shift everything to Seattle, everything's settle then."

"Seattle? You're moving to Seattle?"

That's so far from me.

"That's so far from San Francisco", I mutter.

"Not really"

"What about Ciara then?"

"She has already selected her own room there. She will visit often."

Not knowing what to say, I remain silent. My heart feels so heavy all of a sudden again. But that's how it's supposed to be from the start. My heart clenches in pain when I look at Liam's peaceful sleepy face. I love him to death. He has become a part of my heart and I don't have the slightest idea how to cope when he will be gone.

"What are your future plans after graduation?", Stefan inquires suddenly.

"I really don't know", I answer honestly. "I'm just trying to make it through finals right now. To be honest I had never thought that I'll be able to make it this far. Life was not easy so I just decided to go with the flow."

"I'm proud of you", Stefan says and gives my shoulder a slight squeeze.

"You are?", I ask shock, lifting my head to look at him.

"Yes", he gives me a tender smile. "I know you went through a lot and you didn't let those situations pulled you down instead you fought against it. And I admire you for being this strong."

I stare at him trying to grapple if he's lying or just saying it like that but when I notice the seriousness in his eyes and the admiration on his face, my heart swells with joy.