Chapter 12

STEFAN'S POV

I knock again on the door. Why is she not opening the door? Maybe she's still in the nursery with Liam. But when I walk in there, it's empty. They are not there.

I hear Ciara's voice from downstairs. Maybe she's with her. I climb down quickly.

"Hey Stef", Ciara says while she plays with my son. I look around to catch a glimpse of her but she's nowhere.

Did she leave already?

She didn't run away from me, did she?!

Fuck!

What if she left Liam?!

"Why are you looking around like an idiot?", Ciara asks, chuckling.

"Mary is already here?", I ask instead.

"Yeah. She's in the kitchen, making pancakes for me", she states, making Liam laugh.

"And Jess is gone."

"Gone! Where?!", I demand.

"She have classes", she frowns and stare at me weirdly. "You already know that. Why are you asking like that? Did you do something?"

Ignoring her, I return back in my room. It's still too early for her to leave for her classes. She's the one who always play with Liam in the morning but because of me, she left early.

I should call Peter and ask about her.

"Yes Sir", he says instantly once he picks up.

"Has Miss Cullen already reached the university?", I demand.

"I'm sorry Sir. She left on her own."

"What?!", I snap. "Where the hell were you?!"

"I tried to convince her Sir but she didn't agreed . When she finally agreed, she told me she had forgotten her bag in the elevator. I went to get it but when I returned she was gone."

I cut the call and run my hand through my hair in frustration. I messed up. Yesterday night, I had been so angry. I just found out that Ana, my ex girlfriend already found another man. She's enjoying her life in Bora Bora.

I really thought we had something between us. I really thought I had feelings for her. But last night when a friend of mine told me about her newfound lavish life, I realized I didn't feel hurt that much. I was mostly angry with myself because frankly I had been blinded by her.

We had known each other for the past three years. I met her first time at the photoshoot for Hugo Boss Perfume. We liked each other instantly. We both had everything in common. Same taste in parties, we loved drinking together and we didn't want to get married. I really thought she was the one. But when she found out that she was pregnant, she turned completely into another person. She didn't want the baby. She was freaking over her pregnancy too much.

I still remember her reaction till this day. On the contrary, I had been so happy. I know it was a sudden news but I was elated. I had been ready to take my responsibility towards my child.

I had to bribe her with ten millions dollars if she kept my baby safely. Mary and I took care of her here. We literally had to watch her every move. When Ana gave birth to Liam, she left from there, leaving behind only a letter.

I already knew she really didn't want to keep her pregnancy. She had claimed that she wasn't not ready yet and having a baby would messed up her figure. Her modeling career would have been ruined.