Chapter 5

Hey everyone! Thanks for stopping by. Hope you all are fine. Please vote and comment if you like this chapter. It means a lot. xoxo

"I have an offer for you!"

My brows furrow. "What kind of offer?"

"I need you to be Liam's nanny", he says seriously. My jaw falls open and I stare at him looking for any sight of lie. But there's none.

"What?", I gasp. I look at Liam then back at his father.

"Are you serious?", I demand in disbelief. He looks like he hates me then he's asking me to be his baby's nanny. What the heck!

"I would not asked you if I was not serious", he says calmly for once.

"But why me?", I ask and add, "I mean you should hire a professional person. Not me."

I can think of a thousand reasons why I can't do this. But the main one is that I have never look after a baby and I'm still a student.

"Look", he states. "I can't find another person in such a short notice and Liam seems to like you."

He stops, stares at me then continues, "Besides you need a job."

"How do you know that?", I demand warily. "Are you stalking me?!"

"No!", he snaps.

"Then how do you know that?!"

He looks like he's controlling his anger but I'm not going to back down. I try to stare angrily at him too.

Gorgeous blue orbs to dull brown!

"I went at the restaurant earlier then the manager told me he fired you."

"Well that's stalking", I declare. "Because you literally went there to ask for me."

"It's not stalking", he hisses, emphasizing each words slowly. "It's called enquiring about a certain person."

"Oh my goodness!", I say and smile. "I can use this new term 'enquiring about a certain person' whenever I want to stalk someone on the internet now."

"And she has the audacity to call me a stalker!", I hear him murmuring under his breath once he averts his gaze angrily.

"Excuse me!", I raise my left eyebrow questioningly. "If you have something to say, say it on my face."

"I'm sorry I can't accept the offer",
I say after a few seconds.

"What?", he inquires. "Why? You clearly need the job."

"Yes but I don't think I can do it.", I say truthfully. "I have never look after a baby. And I'm still a student. I don't think I can do it."

I look at Liam in my arms and sigh. As much as I want to do it. I don't think I can. First, I don't know how to change diapers and second I can't stand this freaking devil before me.

"Listen I know you're still a student..." he starts but I cut him off abruptly.

"How do you know that?!"

He seems taken aback and stares at me. He appears lost but I can sense his mind is searching for a comeback.

"So you did stalk me!", I declare, nodding to myself.

"I didn't!", he snaps angrily then adds slowly. "You just said it yourself."

He looks everywhere but at me. There's an adorable frown etch on his face like he's been caught doing something wrong.