Chapter 21

Hey everyone!

Hope you're all okay :)

This is just a somewhat short chapter! Hope you like it.

Please vote and comment if you like it. It means a lot. xoxo

Saturday comes fast. Ciara picks me up at six o'clock. She was actually teasing her brother because he was literally sulking when I was leaving.

I wonder what's wrong with him. He was the one telling me don't get attached to them and I'm really trying my best and now he looks like he needs his own words.

Ciara's house is actually as big as Stefan. I wonder how only one person can live in such a huge house. Isn't it scary?

"Don't squint your face Jess", Ciara chides softly while concentrating on my face. She's actually doing my makeup.

"Ciara", I groan. "It's been like thirty minutes since I'm sitting still. My butt hurts."

"No Jess", she giggles. "It's been only ten minutes. Sit quietly and still. If you move one more time I swear I'll drag you to the party with ruin eyeliner."

"You wouldn't dare", I say and pop my eyes open.

"Don't try me", she warns and squints her eyes.

I can totally see she's going to keep her words. No wonder Stefan is her brother!

I can't even wear eyeliner so maybe I should just sit still.

"You're just treating me like a barbie doll or something", I murmur and she starts laughing.

"You will be gasping by the end of this transformation. From cute to goddess!"

I sigh and let her continue do whatever she's doing.

"So what do you think of Stefan now?", she asks after a few beats.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you like him?"

My eyes fly wide open and I shake my head.

"Bitch!", she says. "I'm doing your eyes. Close them and don't act all innocent. I see the way you both look at each other."

"It's nothing", I mutter.

"Keep telling me yourself this honey", she says while laughing.

"You know I never had real actual friends", Ciara confesses after a while.

This time I open my eyes to look at her. She's applying some sort of highlighter on my face.

"Why?", I ask. "I mean you're so cool and kind."

"I had a few but turned out they were just using me to get famous and also because of Stefan", she says and rolls her eyes.

"Wait let me guess. Your friends had a crush on him."

"Yes", she states and swats my hand when I'm trying to take the mirror.

"Not now. Let's get you in your dress first."

She drags me in her closet and gives me a black sequin dress. I wear it carefully avoiding messing my hair and face.

"Oh my God!", Ciara gasps and smiles. "Where's Jess and what have you done with her?!"

"Can I look now please?", I whine.

"Not without your high heels babe."

She removes a pair of shiny high heels from a Christian Louboutin box. My eyes remain wide open when she removes the silky red cloth from it and gives it to me.