After leaving the torture chamber that had become Erwin's office, I walked back to mine. I dropped on my chair and stared at the locked drawer from my desk as the memory of his words made their way to my mind, "my mother gave me this ring that has been a family heirloom for years..." I opened the drawer and took out the little box while staring at it I murmured "I am sorry...". I grabbed my coat put the box in my pocket and left.

-----------------------------------

Author P.O.V.

As they walked through the hall of the dorms of the castle Eren guided each one to their new room, showing the last room to Mikasa.

"And this one is yours."- he said opening the door to one of the rooms

The room was bigger than her old one and it was spotlessly cleaned.

"Where is yours?"- Mikasa asked

"Is down the basement as a precaution, in case I have a nightmare or anything related I can't turn down there, also the only ones allowed to go there are Captain, Hanji, or Erwin, that is part of the rules." - he said

"Oh..."

"Start moving your stuff, once everyone is done, I will go over the rules."- he said as he left.

--------------------------------------

Knock. Knock.

A short old lady opens the door and stares at the person in front of her lost for words.

"He fought bravely until the end; he was one of my best men... I... I am so sorry for your loss."- Levi said to Oluo's mom

Her eyes watered at his words, "I am so glad to hear that, he looked at you like a brother, thank you for being there for him."

"I... I wish I could've done more; I am so...", his voice started breaking, "sorry...".

He reached out to his pocket and grabbed the little box ring, "He told me you gave this to him, it's yours" he held out the box to her.

Surprised she carefully took the box and hugged it, "Thank you, Captain, I know you always took good care of him, it is not your fault, he fought bravely till the end..." she stared at him, "I am sure he wouldn't have it any other way... I also know, that wherever his soul is... he is bragging about his captain like he always used to... he would be proud of you..." she reached out to hug him making him drop the tears he was holding back.

--------Back at the Castle---------

He met them at the kitchen, "Alright this is the deal, in every room, there is a copy of the 'Clean or Die' manual, is in the top drawer of your nightstand, there is a section for everything you could think off, trust me, you will want to follow the manuals procedure if you don't want to face the Captains' wrath.", Eren said and sighed, "Follow the curfew time, do your chores, follow your orders and you might survive his highness.", he finished the last statement with a mocking tone, and continued, "you can eat something before you go to bed, try and go to bed early, I am sure he will start kicking out your doors tomorrow ridiculously early."

Sasha ran to get some snacks and everyone else followed.

"You are not going to eat?"- Mikasa asked Eren

"Look, you are part of the elite team now, stop asking me about stuff like that, I don't need you following me around like an overly protective mother, just do your shit away from me"- he said and left to his room. Leaving Mikasa lost for words.

Armin overheard his rant to Mikasa and approached her, "Forget about him Mikasa, he is being more of a dick lately."

Worried Mikasa replied, "I wonder if I did something to make him mad."