Chapter 6- Preparação

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry." I apologise as he gestures for a maid.

"Its okay." He says and I run to the garden.

"Hey hey calm down what's wrong." I say as Carter places her in my arms. She puts her head in the crook of my neck instantly as she cries. I look at Carter confused.

"We were running and she fell over." He says and I furrow my eyebrows.

Alannah mostly just gets back up and runs around if she falls over. "

Its okay I'm right here." I say rubbing my hand up her back and taking her up to my room.

We sit at my window seat and I wrap my blanket around her. I quickly examine her for any cuts or bruises anyway but she quickly climbs back into my lap and cries into my chest.

"Hey." I say trying to pull back from the hug to look at her. But she keeps her arms around my neck and doesn't move.

"It's your birthday tomorrow. We're going to have so much fun tonight and tomorrow. You're allowed to be sad okay? But don't be sad for too long." I tell her and she nods.

She pulls back from my chest and let's me wipe away her tears.

"You're a princess. You are very loved so don't you forget that." I say and she nods.

"I was going to give this to you tomorrow but it'll look beautiful with your dress." I say and she looks at me innocently and confused.

I sit her down on the chair then go over to my nightstand and pull out the gold maison heart locket necklace.

I take it over to her and sit back down. I open the locket to reveal Alannah's favourite picture of us. It was a photo of us after bath time.

She was in her towel and was in a silly mood. She took a bunch of pictures on my phone. I was in a few of them as I tickled her and tried to get my phone back.

She smiles at me and I then put the necklace on her.

"So whenever you have a nightmare or when I'm never with you for some random reason. I'm right by your heart." I say and she smiles and hugs me again. But this time we both ended up falling asleep on the window chair.

****
"Girls." Someone shouts and I jolt up and look around when I notice Carter stood there.

"You two need to start getting ready, you have three hours." He says and I nod.

I wake Alannah up and take her into the closet. I get her changed out of her clothes and into her beautiful dress. I then take her hair out of her braids. I put her shoes on and then put some lip balm on her lips.

"Beautiful

"Beautiful." I say kissing her cheek and she smiles.

We head downstairs where I meet Carter.

"Now that's a pretty princess." He says picking Alannah up.

"Go and get ready, I have her." He says and I thank him and head into the dressing room.

"Lara this is Fernando and Celso. They're going to be specifically your hair and makeup." Arabella says and I nod.

"Obrigado." I say smiling.

"You didn't tell us she spoke Portuguese. That's amazing." Fernando says hugging me causing me to laugh.

He sits me in a chair and well Celso does my hair first. She starts off with just straightening it.

"I don't want anything too extreme done to my hair. I wouldn't mind it being straight honestly." I say and he nods and steps back then looks at Fernando.

"What are we thinking?" He asks looking from his makeup.

"Just something natural, I don't like lots and lots of makeup." I say and he nods.

"What colour is your dress?" He asks as he starts off with my eyebrows.

"Like a navy blue shade." I say and he nods.

"I bet you're going to look amazing." He says and I smile.

"Thank you." I say and he nods.

"Wow thank you I look amazing." I say looking in a mirror.

"You're naturally pretty, you didnt need too much done." He says and I smile. I thank them and then hug them.

"Oh my god she's not even dressed. You're going to be late." Claudia says and I thank Fernando and Celso and run up the stairs to my room.

I head into my closet and look at my dress for a minute just stunned.

I'm actually attending a ball, I didn't think they actually happened.

My dress was beautiful and I was so happy. As soon as I saw it, I knew that was the dress I wanted to wear.

I gently put on my dress and look at my self in the mirror. I looked at my dress and did a little twirl. It still was so beautiful.

I put on some basic black block heels, but I didn't mind because they looked amazing

I put on some basic black block heels, but I didn't mind because they looked amazing. I then take a deep breath and look over myself again.

I slowly step out of my closet and grab my phone and then slowly head to the stairs. When I get to the top of the stairs everyone was looking at me. Claudia gasps which makes me furrow my eyebrows but I smile and head down the stairs.

"You look beautiful." Claudia says and I smile and thank her.

"Are we ready?" Marco asks.

"Wait a moment." Carter says. I turn around and he puts Alannah down and takes a necklace out of his pocket.

"Turn around." He says and comes behind me.

I move my hair out of the way as he puts the necklace on. I look down to see it was a Saint Laurent gold necklace.

"Now we're ready." He says and Alannah claps her hands excitedly.

"Carter." I say but he signals for me to be quiet.

"Its an early birthday present." He says and I furrow my eyebrows but before I could question it he walked out to our car.

"You look beautiful mommy." Alannah says and I smile.

"No where near as beautiful as you." I say and she smiles and we follow Carter to our car. Except this time it's not a car it's a limo.

Oh dear god here we go.

"It's all going to be okay." Carter says kissing my hand and I nod.