~1.8~

~1.8~

2 months later

Sunday 16:00 P.M

NEST Base

The metallic object was cold and very much dead in my clasped hands. I focused on that feeling as I breathed in and out carefully.

Slowly, my skin warmed. I could feel it, A familiar motion slowly passing through my veins and through my entire body before moving towards the metal. It was uncomfortable and different for me to focus on as I had to be very specific.

As it travelled closer to the object, it got harder to consciously control.

I just wanted it to work and couldn't help but beg it to.

But as it reached the metal in my hands, the feeling disappeared.

My eyes opened in disappointment as I looked down at the piece of transformium that Ratchet gave me. I then looked to the doc himself.

"It didn't work" I muttered

"That's alright Layla. I got what I needed," Ratchet said, making me look at him confused.

"But I failed"

"Precisely"

'Huh?'

I opened my mouth to question it but ultimately decided against it. Only Ratchet knows.

I just stood there tired and frustrated. I gripped the object angrily

"Why does it work when I don't want it to, Ratchet? Like yesterday!"

So yesterday, I got a bit heated. It wasn't my fault! Honestly, Trent just doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut. Ever since we went back to school and Mikaela and my brother were an item, he wouldn't give anyone a break.

"But when I want it to, it doesn't! What if I need it to save myself and my friends? What will I do then?"

Just then, I felt a pulse vibrate through my hand and I unclasped it. My eyes widened.

The transformium was a small ball glowing blue, expanding before it separated and rearranged into a cube, then a pyramid before making other three dimensional shapes that came to my mind.

I recognized them.

I had a maths test coming up and was practising for it. These shapes were some that I was memorising. I looked at Ratchet and watched as he noted things down with a frown on his face, well faceplate.

I was also learning, well more like picking up on Cybertronian knowledge. If I didn't hear the others talking about it, the Allspark would slowly input information into my head.

"I've noticed that when your emotions are high whether positive or negative, the power reacts" Ratchet said thoughtfully. He then made some taps on his arm where he kept some form of technology and holograms appeared. I watched intrigued.

"As for your other question, I believe the Allspark will take over and defend in times of peril" he answered. "However, it's still a theory and I'd rather we not test it so early"

He then looked at me. "That is why it is best to learn control first"

I gave a frustrated sigh, the transformium stilling. But I knew this wasn't going to be easy. I just needed to stay calm and patient. No matter how difficult, I wasn't one to back down from a challenge.

"How about we start teaching you about Cybertron in general and I mean actual lessons. It might help you with understanding and control"

I beamed.