SIX. thoughts are troubling could use a hug

Start from the beginning

In conclusion, Lennon's head was full of thoughts. Whether she wanted them or not.

The sound of the empty hallway was loud. This is why Lennon always had something playing. The silence was loud. She hated it.

Then it wasn't. It was weird, but Lennon sometimes thought Luke just knew when to just start singing to her. Maybe it was just a coincidence or maybe he genuinely knew. Either way, that's what she needed.

She shut her eyes and allowed her head to press against the lockers.

"Lennon!"

She slowly looked over at Carrie who was dressed in her Dirty Candy outfit.

"Spirit rally is getting ready to start. You said you were coming, right?"

Lennon didn't know why Carrie wanted her there so badly. She and Carrie weren't the greatest of friends in Lennon's eyes. Maybe Carrie saw differently.

"Yeah." Lennon said.

She stood from her spot and smiled.

"Everything all right?"

Lennon would've thought that would've been the last question Carrie Wilson would've asked her. Especially coming from Carrie Wilson.

Lennon nodded, "Yeah."

Though not knowing Lennon well, Carrie thought she was lying.

"Come on, you've still got time to practice don't you?" Lennon asked.

"Yes, yes I do. Trust me. This dance and song are going to knock people's socks off."

Carrie looped her arm with Lennon's and guided her to the gym.

And when Carrie practiced, she really got into it.

THE SPIRIT rally had been in full swing. With Carrie's performance literally wowing the crowd.

Julie and Flynn walked in shortly after her performance started. Flynn stating that Carrie spent all of her daddy's money on Katy Perry's choreographer. Impressive to be honest.

Julie looked over and saw Lennon standing close by.

The two of them approached her. Sooner or later Julie was going to have to talk to Lennon about this ghost stuff in more detail.

Julie rested her hand on Lennon's shoulder, "Hey." She smiled.

"Hey."

Julie could sense the awkwardness arising. She felt it when Lennon came over the other day. She felt it when she first invited Lennon over for the chemistry project. There was no intent for it to be awkward, so Julie had to break the barrier somehow.

"Want to hang out after school today?" Julie asked, "We can talk about the Mostly Ghostly we've been seeing."

"Yeah, that's fine."

Lennon could tell Julie about the whole, ghost soulmate thing, but, she knew it would get back to him. So, for right now, Lennon was going to keep that to herself.

The three of them watched Carrie and her group dance in front of the crowd and it didn't take long for Lennon and Julie to look over to see the three boys standing beside them.

"What are you doing here?" Julie asked.

"We wanna see you stick it to the man." Luke answered, "Isn't that right, boys?"

"Man, I miss high school." Reggie sighed.

Julie's nerves grew as she watched Carrie's performance. The crowd wasn't helping and the boys definitely weren't making it any better.