nineteen | stand tall

Julie engulfed Luke into a hug. " I love you guys." She sniffled into Luke's shoulder. Luke hugged back and then paused. How was he able to hug back? He backed away from Julie and looked down at his glowing arms. Reggie and Alex watched on in confusion as Luke waved his arms around," I feel stronger."

"Alex, Reggie, come.". The four of them went into a group hug. " Woah... I don't feel as quick anymore." Reggie gasped, " Yeah, me neither. Not that, you know, I was ever that weak." Alex smugly said, gaining a laugh from the group. A pain was felt in their wrist, Caleb's curse lifting off of them.

" What do you think that means?" Julie watched as it went up in the air. " I think the bands back." Luke beamed.

" You guys think we could try that hug thing one more time?" They brought themselves back into another hug. A comfortable silence fell upon them, showing that love of friendship was enough to break the curse and to crossover, not only to the after life but to the living world.

" Oh shit Y/N." The three of the boys mused as they backed out of the hug. Luke looked around for a clock before grabbing Julie's wrist to look at hers," Her performance is in 10 minutes, let's go before it's too late."

Y/N tumbled over onto a chair as another bolt hit her. This one was more harsher than the others, bringing tears to her eyes. She tried to gain her breath back but it was getting harder with each bolt. She looked up at herself in the dressing room mirror. She looked like a mess with her back running. She tried to touch it up but her hands were getting shaker by the second. Pull through the song, Y/N. Maybe this is your unfinished business. Y/N grew frustrated as she threw the brush down. Who am I kidding? Why would performing at a little kid's recital be my unfinished business?

Peter walked in, taking in the state of his ghost friend. He knew she deeply annoyed by the question but he needed to ask again because he was genuinely worried. " Are you sure you're okay?". Y/N watched through the mirror as he got closer. She could already feel chills, feeling colder," Peter. I promise you I'm okay."

He sighed, wishing for anything to get the girl take a rest. But he knew she wouldn't and she won't let him to do that to her. " You are up soon." He checked off the clipboard, " Just... be careful." He pleaded as he closed the door behind him.

Luke walked in, trying to find a way into the place with the others. Just as he was about to bribe the person in the front, Peter walked out to make sure everyone was inside before the recital began. " Peter!" Julie screeched which made him almost bump into a trash. " Warn a man before you scream, Jules. " Peter held his clipboard close to his chest before looking at the three tall boys who stood behind her. It took him a while to remember who they were but once he did, he let out a gasp. " I can see you." He pointed at each of the three boys. " Yeah yeah, can you get us inside?" Luke rushed as he pointed to the music that was already beginning inside. " Please?" Alex put his hands together in a pleading manner. Peter looked to see if there was any seats left before he motioned in," Everyone is free except for you." He pointed at Luke. As much as he supported Y/N and Luke, he still wanted to be petty because it was fun.Luke didn't even want to ask before the four of them walked to try to find a place to sit in this crowded area. Julie quickly pointed to one that was towards that middle that had enough.

As they sat down, Julie looked at Y/N who was dancing with such elegance, " Is that her?". Luke looked at Y/N with stars in his eyes, " Yeah... that's her."

" She's beautiful, Luke."

" I know."

He knew that it was bad that he didn't tell Y/N that there may of been a change that they wouldn't cross over in case the Orpheum wasn't the answer. But they did and now he doesn't have to worry about leaving when he just got her. " How does she move like that? I always wondered." Reggie rubbed his chini as Y/N started to do several twirls across the stage continuously.

" It's called the Alex and Y/N blood." Alex praised Y/N and himself at the same time as he tapped with two fingers on his wrist. " I'm going to pretend like I didn't hear that." Luke grunted, not taking his eyes off Y/N the whole time as she moved around the stage. The performance came to a end, Y/N going into a bow. Once she stopped, the crowd stood to clap and Y/N disappeared off the stage.

Y/N resist the fall as the latest bolt hurt more than the one earlier today. She rubbed her chest. Was it coming sooner than she had thought? As she laid her head down on the floor, her eyes drifted to the dresser to see Caleb atop of it.

" Hello, Ms. Y/N. You seem to be in a whole lot of pain." He plopped down from the dresser to walk over to the girl who was in a ball of pain. He reached out to touch her shoulder. 

" Don't you dare touch me." Y/N sneered as she pushed her shoulder away from his reach. 

"If you join me, Y/N, you won't need to be in pain. You could also continue to exist but with-"

"I don't want to be apart of your stupid circus." 

Another hard bolt hit her, making a sadistic smirk appear on Caleb's face. " You sure about that, sweetheart?"  Y/N was in sobs as Caleb continuously put her into shocks. Caleb watched as the withering girl could no longer defend herself. He reached forward to place a hand so he could take her to the club where she would found herself more stronger.

The five teens walked towards Y/N's dressing room in order to congratulate her. Of course, while being very loud and causing a ruckus. " First one to the door gets to give her the most congratulatory punches."  Reggie betted as he made a run for the door. Of course, Luke being the competitive boy he is ran up to the door and stuck his tongue out at Reggie. He opened the door with a beam but was shocked to see the sight in front of him. " Get your dirty hands away from her." 

Caleb turned around quickly in a shock, backing up just a little but enough to still block most of Y/N. " I thought you passed." 

" I thought you crossed over." 

Y/N tried her best to sit up but the pain was too much as she laid back down. Luke ran over to Y/N. The remaining followed close behind but gave the couple the space they needed. " Why are you still here?" Y/N whimpered as Luke kneeled down besides her and brought her head onto his lap. " We crossed over but we're still here." He breathed as he took in her state. He put him in so much pain to see her like this. What she felt, he was feeling. He smoothed out her hair, tears falling out of his eyes. " I really don't know what my unfinished business is, Luke." She said, " And I think it's too late." 

" Don't say that." Luke pleaded. 

She looked over at the four that were standing above. Tears filled their eyes and she felt so bad she was making them feel like this. " I was hoping that you guys would cross over so you wouldn't see me like this." 

" Did you plan keeping this a secret the whole time?" Alex had so many questions. Like when did she go to the club? When did she get the stamp? But that was the least of his worries. He wasn't planning to see his sister die today or ever. 

 Another spark exploded on Y/N's chest, making Luke hold her closer to her chest. Peter and Julie couldn't help but look away from the scene.  It was too much for their hearts to contain. 

There was no way going to the school of her dreams of her school was her unfinished business , Alex thought, he tried to rack his mind to think of something else. Reggie started to think of ideas as well when Alex gave him a look. Julie and the boys had the love of friendship to help them cross over. But what if it was the unconditional love that  Y/N and Luke had for each other. 

The two boys locked eyes with Luke's tearfilled ones. It was almost as if he could hear his thoughts because he got the hint. 

Caleb watched with hesitant eyes as Luke gave him a smug look. 

Luke bought both of his  hands to each side of Y/N's head and brought his forehead down to touch hers, saying the three words that he's been wanting to say the whole time that he's known her. 

" I love you." 

but will it work