eighteen | stand tall

We sat around the table, waiting for the phone to ring. " Ok, right... now!" Alex pointed at the phone, waiting for the phone to ring.  We waited a second before it actually started ringing. We all freaked out for Julie to say something into the phone, Luke even turning italian as he clapped his fingers together. The three boys and Julie continued to cheer. I watched them all with a smile on my face, it was actually happening. Right as they got the confirmation, Luke ran straight towards and picked me up into the air. " See, I told you have nothing to worry about." Luke gave me a quick peck on the cheek before giving the boys did a rendition of dirty dancing with Alex being in the air.

Julie had to leave for lunch with her dad and the remaining of us huddled around a piano, " Julie and I were thinking we'd start with 'Stand Tall'

" Sounds good." Reggie nodded his head.

" Sounds good? I wanna hear awesome! I know it's not the way we wanted it to happen but this will be our second chance playing the Orpheum."

" I know, it's just hard. Do we eve know what's the other side when we cross over? You guys are the only family I have." I grabbed Reggie's hand in order to comfort him, " And what about Y/N? Will she be able to cross over with us?  I doubt watching us play is even her unfinished business. I don't want to leave her here.

But it's best that you leave here first before I'm gone forever. " It's fine. As long as you guys are rid of Caleb, I'll be fine. I'll find my unfinished business and I'll cross over to find you guys."

I gave them all a  reassuring smile.

" Y/N! Are you sure you're going to be okay?" Peter ran over to me as I fell to the ground. It's the fact I was in my full outfit with makeup. I looked good but man, did I not feel good. This bolt was particular harder than the others as I laid there. Can this ground just eat me up please? I let out a shaky breath, " Yeah. I'll be good. Just give me a second." I closed my eyes to just wish for all of this to be over. I needed to push through. Go watch the band's set, watch the boys cross over, then do my thing. " You don't have to do the performance tonight if you can't." Peter adjusted his radio that was in his suit pocket. " Peter. I'm fine." I gritted my teeth. Wow, being near death really does put you on the edge. I would apologize for attitude but my chest hurt too much to even say anything.

" If you're acting like this because it hurts so much, shouldn't you tell the boys if you feel it coming soon?"

" By the time I go, they'll cross over. I can't distract them when they have less time than I do."

" Are you sure because you literally look like you about to drop any second now."

" Thank you, Peter. But seriously... the less the boys know, the better."

I checked the time on the wall before standing up and grabbing my jacket that laid on the floor.

"You going to the Orpheum tonight?" Peter raised an eyebrow, " In your condition?"

" Peter, you know I'm capable of anything. I'm Y/N." I said in a duh tone as I slipped on my jacket," You coming with?"

"I can't exactly teleport from place to place like you can, buddy. I have to stay here to help with my dad with all the performances. Just... don't go without saying goodbye.". My heart dropped before I walked back to where Peter was standing, " Of course. I'll be back, don't you worry about that?"