fourteen | edge of great

We landed on our feet, laughing as we poofed out of the park away from the security guard. I don't know why we rushed out of there because he couldn't even see it but it was all about the adrenaline. After calming down, the both of us sat down on a bench close to us that looked out towards the parking lot. " So what did you want to say?"

Luke used chocolate syrup to write atop the whip cream of the funnel cake, " Let's go steady?" He was proud of the heart that he drew next to the message before picking it up and balancing it along with the two cups of hot chocolate. He knew that Alex said that his little sister was off limits but Alex always told him to go for something if he has a good sense. He slowly walked over to where Y/N stood amongst the crowd that was waiting for the fireworks show. As he made his way over, he stopped as he saw Bobby hand her a cup of hot chocolate instead and sit next to her. Of course, they have something going on. She even gave him chocolates on Valentines Day. Luke looked down at the funnel cake in distaste before hastily shoving them into the trash Fuck senses. He walked away to the game booths to take his anger out on winning prizes.

Bobby looked up at the sky as the first firework appeared in the sky, " Did you tell him yet?". Y/N exhaled in disappointment, " Can never find the right moment.". She took a long sip of her hot beverage.

I didn't even know how to start. I opened my mouth and then closed it. Luke tapped his foot as time ticked by. It was like he was more nervous than I was. " Listen, I know that the thing Peter did really caught you off guard. So here I am. Me telling you that I like-"

" I like Julie. "

Oh. I guess my assumptions were right.

The tension between us was so thick, you could cut it with the knife. Was I the only one who felt it? Luke finally spoke after what felt like hours had passed, "I had fun.". I felt like something was stuck in my throat because I struggled to let out," Me too.". Luke rubbed his knees as he kept his eyes locked onto the ground in front of him, " Uh the guys and I need to rehearse for tonight. You could come if you'd like, give us some tips."

For some reason, I couldn't find myself to cry. The fact I was actually rejected by the one himself and I still didn't cry.

Luke and I poofed in front of Julie's garage. We walked in on Alex harshly playing the drums, " Alex, you all right?" Luke tried to get a sense of what was happening in front of him but there's no context clues to tell him why. " I know it's tough, man. People say you never forget your first ghost. Maybe that's true. But... I'm sure there will be others."

Amazing how we both have boy problems at the same time. Alex played with the cymbal," Yeah, thanks Reg. Well looks like you two are finally back. Did you tell him what you told me?" Alex said with hopeful eyes. Luke slipped on his guitar sling before sliding it to the back, " Yeah, she told me she likes Peter. Came out clean and clear.". Alex furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and started to scratch his head, " Waaait." He looked up at me as if to ask what was going on? I shook my head as a way to tell him to let it go. " Oh okay." He sat back down on his seat.

"Alex, you're a great drummer and a great guy, OK? I wouldn't let all that stuff get in between you and what you love." Luke tried to reason but Reggie disagreed," Sometimes a little fire can make things better on stage. Like you and Julie."

I froze as I looked at Luke to see his reaction. You could a tint of red brush over his cheeks. Why are you making yourself suffer? But I couldn't help but want to hear. " What's that suppose to mean?" Luke laughed at the thought," Come on. Everyone can see the way you look at her when you sing.". Guess I wasn't the only one who saw that. Why didn't you just ever listen to yourself?. " Don't ever say ooze again, Reggie. But I agree. But it's only chemistry." Alex said as if he was directing it towards me. Gimme a break, the man already told me he liked Julie. "I'm gonna head out." I mumbled, not even caring if they heard me or not. Alex stood up quickly, " Hey, let's talk."