WAT 3| 105.

- Sunday, 7:47am, the next day

Kyla

I yawned, rolling over into a pillow. I quickly sat up, realizing Mekai wasn't next to me. The twins and I stayed with Mekai's parents for the night since he was at Dom's house until the morning.
I got up and checked on the twins, seeing they were still sound asleep. Then, I made my way into the bathroom, completed my morning routine. I threw on some of Kai's old clothes since I didn't have any. Since the twins were still sleep, I pumped my breastmilk and checked my call log and messages.

Hubby 💍🤍: Ima be home before 6, we talkin n drinkin -12:22am

Ok, we love u 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦🤍 be safe -12:24am

Hubby 💍🤍: Fasho love y'all too 🤍 -12:27am

He said he'd be home before 6, it's almost 8am. I called him and it went straight to voicemail. I sucked my teeth, calling Dom's phone immediately after.

I finished pumping as I waited for him to answer.

"Yeah?" He answered groggily

"Hey, D. Sorry to bother you, can you tell Mekai to charge his phone?"

"He not here."

"What time he leave there?" I asked pulling my shirt down

"Uh 'round 4 sum'. He ain't there?"

"No, he say he was stoppin' anywhere before coming back?"

"Nah, not dat' I remember." He cleared his throat "Er'thang a'ight?"

"I'm tryna' find out now. Can you call his phone a few more times just in case?"

"A'ight, most definitely." he replied before I hung up.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. It felt like my mind was racing a million miles a minute with thousands of questions. I said a quick prayer, asking that he be somewhere safe and that he's also being responsible, remembering his history with liquor.

"Good morning ."

I jumped a little, opening my eyes "Good morning, Joyce." I greeted "Uhm, have you heard from Mekai?"

"No, I figured maybe he came in and I didn't hear him. He hasn't called or anything?"

"No, he said he'd be back before six. I think we should call the cops or something."

"The cops?"

"What about the cops?" Clinton entered with his coffee mug

"Mekai said he'd be home before six, but it's almost eight and-"

"And he's running a little late. That's all."

"No, that is not all. His phone is dead and I haven't heard from him since twelve.."

"Kyla, I assure you. We know our son." Joyce chuckled "He's probably just out driving or something, being his usual self." She shrugged

"No, something doesn't feel right. He would've let me know something." I nibbled on my lower lip in anxiousness

"Sweetheart, calm down." Joyce said, placing her hand on my shoulder "Didn't you say he went to Dom's? They're probably just being boys."

I stared at her, still feeling uneasy. "Dom said he's not there"

"How about this? If he doesn't call or show before twelve, we'll call the police." Clinton said, stirring his coffee

"Ok" I nodded, grabbing the twins' bottles

I kept my answer simple, but if he doesn't come through that door or call before I'm done getting the twins ready, I'm calling the police and going to look for him. I know Mekai, and something doesn't feel right.

Omniscient
(That morning at 4:08am )

"Aight man, I'm finna head home. Ky gone be wondering where I'm at." Mekai stood up, wiping his hand over his face

"Aight man. I appreciate you chillin' wit me." Dom said with his eyes closed, barely audible

He was way pass his limit on the Hennessy and weed. Mekai kept it to a minimum considering the fact he had to make it home.

He chuckled "No problem bruh, I'ma lock the door." he made sure Dom heard him

He nodded, fanning him off before cuddling into a pillow and going to sleep on the couch. Mekai prayed his friend get through this, he knew Dom had a deep love for Laura.

He got in his car and buckled up, starting the car.

"Move and I'll blow yo' head off." A familiar female voice said as a cold piece of steel was placed against his temple

He started reaching for his weapon in the side door "Man who da' hell-"

"I moved it stupid, drive." The woman said

"Olivia? Bitch you bold." He nodded, chuckling

"Oh it's funny, huh?" She aimed at at his knee "You play football right? Real good too huh?"

"Bitch you-" before he could finish, the gun went of. She shot Mekai in his left kneecap "Ahh!"

"I said fuckin' drive! Now!" She placed the gun back to his head

"Aight man damn!" He yelled in pain, putting the car in drive

He drove as best as he could in the pain he was in, following the directions she gave.

Something I had wrote before I got locked out my account. We back in business honey! 🤪

-Carlisha 🧡