191

We had killed two death eaters that guarded the great hall and now we were listening closely. Harry was waiting for the right moment to show himself. Lee wasn't here. He had found a secret place to broad stream what was happening. Sebastian though, he was here and I had been so happy to see him that he was the first I hugged. Other members of the order were here as well. Ron, Hermione, Molly, Arthur, Lupin, Fleur, Shacklebolt and then of course Kathleen, Deanne, Bill, Charlie, George, Fred and I. Hogwarts really wasn't the same anymore. It seemed a lot darker and the whole grounds outside were guarded by dementors and death eaters. It wasn't safe so I was happy that Benjamin was in America, studying over there.

Harry was inside of the great hall, somewhere between the students, hiding and we were just waiting for our cue to go back him up. We could only hear Snape's speech faintly but I managed to still hear every word he spoke.

"Many of you are surely wondering why I have summoned you here at this hour. It has come to my attention that earlier this evening... Harry Potter was sighted in Hogsmeade. I mention this in the hopes that truth will not be supplanted by rumor. For myself and a few select members of the staff this comes as little surprise. We have, for some time, considered Mr Potter's return to Hogwarts to be not only possible but inevitable. Consequently, in the past several months and under my specific direction, exhaustive defensive strategies have been employed to defeat any attempt Mr Potter might make to breach these walls. But know this. Should anyone– student or staff– attempt to aid Mr Potter, that person will be punished in a manner consistent with the severity of their transgression. Rest assured: So long as I am Headmaster at Hogwarts, Harry Potter will never again step foot in this castle. Now then. If anyone here has knowledge of Mr Potter's movements this evening... I invite them to step forward now."

Everything was now silent instead of some footsteps. "I think I can help you out with that..."

The doors to the great hall opened as Harry spoke and all of us who were standing out here, walked in, wands in our hands. Everyone gasped when they saw our crowd.

"It would seem that, despite your exhaustive defensive strategies, you have a bit of a security problem, Headmaster." Harry told Snape who was looking pretty shocked. All eyes were on us as we continued a few inches and then stopped, guarding the door so that Snape or anyone else could escape. Thats when my eyes landed on the Carrows up at the front of the room and I felt my head drain from blood. Memories of Amycus Carrow and his sexual assault on me flashed through my mind for a quick second before I decided to forget about it. That's not why we were here. "And I'm afraid it's rather extensive."

"How dare you stand where he stood!" Harry continued, raising his voice. "Tell them how it happened that night! Tell them how you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you and killed him. Tell them!"

A moment of silence and then Snape pulled his wand and pointed it at Harry but as quickly as he had done that, as quickly McGonagall pulled her own wand and stepped out in front of Harry to protect him. I raised my wand even more along with everyone else I stood with.

Suddenly McGonagall fired a spell towards Snape. The Incendio spell. Snape blocked it, then McGonagall tried again but he blocked it again. We all watched as Professor McGonagall kept firing Incendio towards Snape as he backed up and she came closer. The last one hit the Carrow siblings who fell to the ground while Snape turned into a dark kind of cloud and disappeared out of the window which broke at the same time.

The entire room cheered out of happiness and I couldn't help but smile myself. McGonagall flicked her wand and every light in here was lit. But as everyone cheered, Harry suddenly got awfully pale and stumbled onto the ground.

"George." I whispered and tucked at his sleeve, earning his attention. He looked where I was looking and he saw the same thing. Harry on the ground. He looked terrified. As if he saw something the rest of us didn't. McGonagall crouched down and placed a hand on his shoulder. She looked worried.

The room suddenly got very dark again and the energy in here became depression. The air was heavy and I felt my heart start to race. My hand clenched around the Fabric of George's jumper and he pulled me close because he knew I was scared. People started grabbing their heads and so did I when I got a terrible headache at the same time as all the sounds turned into echo.

The next thing that happened was terrible. Someone screamed. A girl. It was so high-pitched that it was heartbreaking. It came somewhere from inside the room and it filled the entire space. It continued and continued and everyone looked to see where it came from. Harry got back up to his feet and started moving around the room, students moving out of his way to make room for him. A girl was revealed. She sat in the corner, knees to her chest while her hands covered her ears and she just continued to scream. She seemed to be in so much pain, not only physically. She looked scared. She didn't look older than eleven, maybe twelve. Then another girl started screaming in the opposite side of the room and then... a hoarse voice spoke in my head and according to the look on everyones faces, they heard it too.

"I know that many of you will want to fight. Some of you may even think that to fight is wise. But this is folly. Give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded. You have one hour."

The voice stopped and I looked up at George who was staring out over everyone, seeing what was going to happen next...

-

And it all starts...