111

November was almost over. December was nearing and I was excited for my first Christmas as a married woman. Or... married teenager? Whatever. I'm married.

It was actually my cousins birthday. Cliff Grouse. Son of my uncle Alabaster. Cliff turns twenty-five and I sent him a letter this morning, wishing him a happy birthday. I had to walk all the way down to the owl office as we haven't bought our own owl yet. We will have to do just that eventually.

Another day of Auror training was finished and I was going home. I know I could just use my broom or use a port key but I liked to walk, especially when it's through diagon alley.

Yesterday, we came home from the headquarters. We joined the order of the Phoenix and so did Kathleen. She found out about it after I had gotten kidnapped and to our surprise, she wasn't angry with us.

When Voldemort decides to attack, we'll be ready and we'll help fight him. We know it's the right thing and even though it's scary and I'm struggling with something right now, I will fight and I won't stop until Voldemort, Amycus Carrow and my father are dead.

The familiar sound of the bell rang through my ears as I entered the shop. My eyes immediately found George who stood with his back towards me, facing one of the shelves as he put some new products up on it. I smiled, pulling off my gloves and pushing them into the pockets of my coat before I approached him.

"Excuse me." I spoke and poked his shoulder. He turned around and looked at me with a questioning look. "I'm looking for a husband. I can't seem to find anyone that's just right."

I acted like I looked for someone in the show before my eyes landed on George again. He was grinning and I knew he was gonna play along on my game.

"Is that so?" He asked and leaned against the shelf, resting his arm on it while he placed his hand on his opposite hip. "Maybe we should go check in the back?"

He lifted his hand and pointed his thumb to behind me since the back was behind the wall he was facing away from. He sent me a wink and I chuckled, taking a step closer to him.

"How was your day, love?" I asked. "Busy?"

"Not really, no. Monday's never are." He smiled. He cupped my face and stroke my skin with his thumb before leaning down to kiss me.

"I'm gonna go up and change." I said. "I'm meeting Deanne."

"You are? You didn't mention that this morning."

"No..." I breathed. "But I stumbled across her just before when I left training and we thought it would be a good idea to meet again in thirty minutes and catch up. Says she's worried about me or some crap like that?"

"Crap?" George laughed, shaking his head. "I think it's nice she wants to check up on you. She's been writing Fred about—"

Suddenly he got a bit pale and his eyes left mine to wander somewhere in the shop while his hand went up to scratch the back of his neck.

"What?"

"What?" He acted confused and looked down at me again.

"What were you about to say?"

"Wasn't about to say anything."

"George."

"Elizabeth."

"Now I know you're hiding something." I said. "You only ever say my name like that if you're pissed, if you're concerned or if you're hiding something. What did Deanne write to Fred about?"

He didn't reply which told me he was hiding something. I grabbed a hold of his tie and pulled him down to my height. He yelped in surprise and his eyes found mine again.

"What are you not telling me, George?"

"It's nothing serious." He told me. "We knew you were going to get mad."

"Mad?"

"Well, you're too proud to—"

"What has Deanne been writing to Fred about?" I pressed.

"About you. We're all worried about you and Fred has been updating her on your continuing when it comes to nightmares."

I let go of his tie and he straightened up, fixing it. I sighed and turned around, trying to search the flat for Fred but I couldn't see him.

"Liz." George said and reached for my wrist but even though I let him grab it, I still didn't look at him as I continued to search for Fred. "You can't blame us for worrying. Every other night you wake up screaming."

"Well that did you expect after being kidnapped and discovering that your father isn't dead after all?" I finally looked at him. "You could've told me they'd been writing. They could've told me they were writing. It makes me feel like a child to have them writing about my health as if I wasn't able to speak for myself."