Chapter 5

By now I had been away from the castle for almost an entire week, and even though I missed the comfort of the castle, I hadn't missed seeing Harry. It seemed strange that even though we had gotten married only a few months ago, I still found it easy to get angry at him and leave without any remorse.

"Whoa." I slowed Gaia to a stop, so she was hovering over the forest that the Brotherhood lived in.

She whinnied nervously, as if she knew the choice I was making. I stroked over her neck soothingly, before silently pushing her onwards, directing her to land in front of Ashton's house.

When we landed, the people in the surrounding area panicked, probably thinking that I was here to attack. But when Ashton emerged to see what the commotion was about, his face softened into the smile as I jumped off Gaia.

"Why did you come back?" He asked, before he looked as though he regretted what he said, "Not that I mind, of course."

"Don't ask." I sighed, "But I'm willing to give you a chance."

At this point, another man walked out of the house behind Ashton. He was tall and well-built, with purple streaks in his hair, and wore a similar uniform as the others, but the main body of the coat he wore was red with black stripes, and the hood was jet black. He looked up and focused his attention between me and Ashton.

"Why is she here?" He almost growled, glaring at Ashton.

"Calm down, Michael, she's not here to cause trouble." He assured him, "In fact, I think there's trouble in paradise."

"Ashton..." I warned, feeling my eye redden in anger.

"Sorry." He said, looking down at the ground.

"This is our chance." Michael mumbled, moved over to him and resting his hand on his shoulder as he spoke into his ear quietly. "Kill her now."

I growled animalistically, making Gaia cower back slightly in fear. I bared my fangs at him, but he only laughed, clearly not scared by my threat.

"She's no danger to us, man." Ashton said, "She seems more against King Harry than we are."

"I wouldn't go that far." Michael scoffed, "Fine. But know that I'll be watching you. Any funny moves..."

"Fine." I growled, retracting my fangs back again, and standing up straight, calming Gaia down again before she fled out of fear.

Michael soon walked away again, before Ashton turned to me again.

"Can you trust me?" He asked,

"Not this again..." I crossed my arms and sighed.

"No no. This time is different." He assured me, "I'll teach you to be like us."

"This doesn't mean I'm joining you." I warned him,

"No, I know. I'm just doing you a favour."

"Why would you do anything for me?"

"You understand where I'm coming from. You understand our thinking."

"Fine. But don't expect anything in return."

---

Ashton had said to me that as long as I promised to stay and learn from him, I could stay with him in the forest, and of course I agreed since I had nowhere else to go. He had called me to his house, saying that he had something to show me. Now I'm standing behind him as he rummaged through his things, trying to find whatever it was he wanted to show me.

"Take this." Ashton suddenly turns to me, handing me something from the chest in front of him.

"What is it?" I asked, examining what seemed to be kinda like half a sleeve, but made of leather.