▪︎ chapter thirty-five ▪︎

Começar do início

"The doctor's outside. Wanting to speak to Iris Eastwood's family." The nurse informs and my eyes dart back to Ian.

He blinks for a few moments before the words register in his mind. Jae tells me Mrs. Eastwood has been sent home after Iris woke up.

"I am her brother." Ian says, voice hoarse and almost inaudible.

"Please come outside." The nurse replies.

"I'll go with him." I state, immediately getting up on my feet. I wanted to be with him and more than anything --- I needed to be there. Connor says two people could handle situations better.

Dr. Smith stands still outside the cabin door, his hands shoved to his white coat pockets and his expression grave.

"I'm Ian Eastwood. How is my sister?" He asks, wiping off the tears.

"You need to know something. It's important and, needs immediate decision." Dr. Smith declares and I flinch, my wounded heart signalling me it's another bad news.

"What is it? Is she okay?" Ian gives a worried look and the doctor doesn't meet his eyes.

"Miss Iris Eastwood is pregnant."

Iris was a living disaster before our eyes. She wasn't crying, she was howling. And despite being there in the room, none among the five of us could utter a word.

My phone has been vibrating continuosly in my denim pocket. I knew it was Connor. But the ability to answer his call right now was not there in me. Everything had come off as a sudden catastrophic blow --- somewhat like a cyclone. Or maybe a typhoon.

"Did I really deserve it all, Ian?" Iris sobs as he rests her head on her brother's chest. All that Ian could do was hold her tight and the stony expression on his face never left.

"What will happen to the baby?" She wails and we all exchange looks, nothing we said could comfort her enough.

Stefan opens his mouth to state something but immediately closes it, hearing the soft knocking on the cabin door. Jae-Hwa walks up to open it, revealing none other than Hannah Jenkins.

It was unexpected.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Stefan growls and she rolls her eyes --- the drama queen in her is always in activity it seemed, even in such dreadful situations.

"How's Iris?" She utters and instantaneously receives death glares from all of us.

"Okay fine, I know I shouldn't have come here, but there's one thing y'all should know...." She pauses to look at me, "Zeke originally hadn't planned to kill your brother. He just wanted to hurt him enough so that he was out of the team. I know Ezekiel wouldn't have told you that since he didn't even get enough time to---" Hannah draws in a breath, her electric blue eyes brimming with tears.

"What else? You know what Hannah, there's no point knowing anything more. Ezekiel is gone. Revealing stuff now won't bring him back. And neither will it mend her shattered heart." I say, looking at Iris, my voice cracking in between words.

"Look I am sorry, I really am. I know I might not be able to show emotions as much as y'all do. But I can apologize. Yes, I did all the bitching, I wanted attention and Zeke gave that to me. In return, I just helped him. I was an ally maybe. If I can do anything right now, just say it. In fact I'll be happy to give away my position to Jae-Hwa. I never deserved it anyway. So yeah, here's your badge!" Hannah sniffles, taking two steps closer to Jae and hands over the golden badge with the words 'lead vocalist' carved in it.

"Do you think this is going to help, really?" Jae shakes her head.

"It won't. But that's the least I can do on my part. And yeah, Vanessa Davenport --- I am sorry I made out with your boyfriend on that trip." Hannah shrugs and the sudden referral to Ian as my boyfriend made me flinch.

"I should go. Take care, Iris... you fell for the wrong guy. But, yeah --- that wrong guy fell for you too." Hannah Jenkins mutters with a sad smile before leaving the room.

How would things ever be the same again?

_____✵_____

A/N : Its taking me so long to update argh! I am so sorry. But I hope y'all are enjoying it. And thank you to all of you for giving my book a chance. Please don't forget to vote and comment! :)
Chapter dedicated to mystiquewillow

- Mia.