Total Eclipse of the Moon

Start from the beginning

****************

Morro sighed as he scrolled through a webpage on eclipses. After the first round of audions had ended he had quickly made his way to the library to do some of his own last-minute research. He had asked the others what they were doing for the eclipse and as usual, Jay was staying at his parents, Nya was spending it with Lloyd's family and the others were staying over at Zane's. Unlike a full moon, however, Dr. Julien was locking his den up again for the night so they couldn't go out into the forest.

Skylor was the only werewolf that was spending the eclipse alone in the forest.

Jay and Zane had both offered her a place at theirs for the night but she had quickly turned them down. Before she had even told him what would happen Morro had managed to convince Wu and Misako to let him spend the eclipse at Zane's, but now he was starting to regret it.

"Why are you looking up lunar eclipse?" A voice suddenly asked and Morro turned to see Lloyd standing behind him.

"Do you know what happens to us during it?" He asked.

"Yeah, the wolf becomes human." He shrugged as he sat down next to his foster brother.

"The way Skylor's been going on, it's more superhuman or super wolf."

"Super idiot more like." He scoffed. "On the last full moon eclipse, Nya and I had to watch the guys give piggyback rides around the house, wondering who the cubs were."

"But you're not a cub anymore, you don't have to babysit anyone." Said the lone wolf. "I was thinking me, you, and the others could meet up with Skylor and get the whole experience!"

"I'd love to, Morro, but I take it that Skylor forgot to tell you that your eyes stay yellow?" Lloyd asked and he groaned, Skylor had forgotten to mention that tiny little detail. "It's not a good look and plus, Mom and Uncle Wu would never allow it so just forget about it, Morro." He said before walking away...

****************

Soon they were calling for the next lot of auditions to come in and Pixel was standing in the hallway, debating whether to go into the audition again or not. She was about to go in when she suddenly was pushed aside into the wall. She looked up and internally groaned when she saw it was just Harumi and her gang of cheerleaders coming to hassle her again.

"Oh, look, it's Scaredy Spice!" Maggie cackled.

"Ah, no hard feelings, Pixel." Harumi mocked comfort. "Some people have it, and others don't." She laughed and they all went into the gymnasium, leaving a trembling Pixel alone in the hallway. The smart girl was about to turn and run away when a hand on her shoulder stopped her. She looked up and saw a furious Skylor glaring down at her. The wild girl had heard everyone and was livid. She wanted to drag Harumi and her gang back here and teach them a lesson they would not soon forget.

But she had promised Morro she would control her temper better and Pixel needed her more than petty revenge.

"Are you going to let them win?" She asked the human and pulled the bottle out of Pixel's pocket. "One drop of this and you're the Lunar Queen." She offered.

Without another word, she handed the bottle to Pixel and went into the gymnasium, and took her seat with the rest of their friends. Harumi and her cheerleaders were all singing together on stage and Skylor glared at them in disgust. As the cheerleaders were wrapping their performance, the doors suddenly opened and Skylor smiled when she saw Pixel step in. The human confidently walked over and stood in line, waiting for her chance.

Her jade green eyes caught Skylor's and she nodded to the red-head, signally she had done what Skylor had suggested and taken the potion.

"Pixel's going to audition again!" Skylor whispered to the others.