reminiscing

Two long agonizing hours had passed, I'm still setting along with my three chef in a long table conducting the interview for the next new set of chef in my restaurants

Two long agonizing hours had passed, I'm still setting along with my three chef in a long table conducting the interview for the next new set of chef in my restaurants. But none of the interviewee pique my interest.

This last set must have what I'm looking for cause it will be damn to look elsewhere within a week, my new hotel and restaurant will be having the grand opening this coming weekend and the specific spot is still empty, the reason I put up an ad to gather all aspiring cook and do the selection at once.

What about the hidden reason why you need to sit here during the whole ordeal? My mind ask me but I did not deny of it. I'm still hoping to see her again.

My head chef have there choices already but none of it impress me.
I should head out first and let them do the rest but it makes no difference so I would bear with it a little longer and I'm outa here.

After 135 applicants, this will be the last set of five, and I lost my interest to listen to their boring questions and answers despite my initial hope that there must someone that interest me in the last set. So, I just sit there giving up all the power to my chef to choose and keep my eyes on my laptop just like what I do the previous hours but at least I look at the faces of the applicants unlike now.

"Lynn Jasmine" A small voice said.

Lynn the name so familiar that as I heard it I can't be sure that the same person I expect to see again will be that person I long to really see again, I spend so much effort and money to look for that person along with her family yet my men failed and as the years passed the more harder it gets.

But hearing that voice bring abrupt stop to my rapid tapping on the keyboard, my heartbeat accelerate coz unknowingly I hold my breath trying to make the time stop in that moment just to continuesly hear it.

It's too familiar and like a melody that calms all my built up stress yet I don't look up to search for the source of it, afraid that the one who speak of it is not the one I longingly crave to see, instead I close my eyes to listen intently to the melodious voice that is like an angels singing to my ears but it all quickly come to an end.

I did not even hear what are the questions asked and what are the answers given, all my focus is within the swirling feeling the soft familiar voice gives me.

The interview is over but I'm still left unmoved, that voice bring back lots of memories from the past that haunt me at night, and during the whole duration of the interview her voice is all I can hear, all other sound are just nuisance for me.

The one night with my baby and the same time the last night I get to spend with her is all oh so fresh in my memory despite the years. It breaks my heart not knowing where and why she's gone and her abandonment of me makes my heart cold towards opposite sex. Her leaving me without any explanation leaves a hole in my heart until this day that only she can repair.

It would be so much better if I see her cheat on me or she rejected me personally but disappearing leaves me hanging and I'm still hoping that she will return to me one day. I haven't move on after four long years. I want her, still.

As I come to my senses, realizing it could be her and it would be such a waste to lose the opportunity to see her again, I abruptly stand and hastily walk out of the room.

"Lynn" I shout at the hallway in no one particular, where I can see the last set of interviewee walking towards the exit of the building.

My chef was left astounded in my actions, never once I act so impulsively, and never once I pay attention to any opposite sex.

A woman in a simple black dress come to a halt upon hearing me callout, but she didn't turn back to look at me as if she's unsure that it's her and I'm not sure either that she's who I'm expecting to see.

"Lynn" I call out again in a much louder voice and full of hope.

It's as if I can feel the world's gravity as the woman slowly rotate her body to face me

It's as if I can feel the world's gravity as the woman slowly rotate her body to face me. And when she's fully facing me, my breath hitched and I'm feeling choked.

Her face more define but still the same, more beautiful as she looks more mature and collected, she exude the confidence of different woman in the same body.

At an unknown speed, I am in front of her in an instant.

"Baby, it's you." releasing the breath I'm unknowingly holding, cupping her face with both hands, and not minding my surrounding for all I can see is her. She's really in front of me. It's her, she's back.

I'm so full of my own happiness that at last I find her after four long years that I didn't see the reaction portrayed on her face as I drag her small figure towards mine and crush her to my chest.

********************

Oh wow that's very fast.

After just two chapter he find her again?

Fuck! men no thrill at all.

What could be the next plot of story after they united?

Please vote, comment, share this book that would help me a lot and you following me would me much appreciated.

💌 Author: dhenz4dhabz8 💌

NicahSC thank you so much for your votes. ❤