Virendra Gets Shot: Chapter 29

Comincia dall'inizio

Huffing, she stopped struggling. The whole time Virendra's eyes didn't leave Lavanya even for a small period. He was staring intensely at her while enjoying the softness of the hand of his wife. Feeling that she had calmed down, the prince gently unwrapped his fingers around her hand, letting her go. She immediately pulled her hand and put it under the water.

"Though your hands are small, they are soft and beautiful. Your hands feel as soft as the paws of a rabbit; small, soft, and beautiful," smiling gently, the prince said. "I have never held a woman's hand before like I held yours."

"Huh?!" Lavanya's eyes widened, listening to the unexpected confession. She blinked twice while her heart started to beat unusually fast. It was the first time in her entire life that someone complimented her other than her sister. Gulping to get rid of the strange feelings, she asked, "D-did you really never hold a-any woman's hand before?"

"Till now, my hands only held swords and different weapons, not the hands of any lady," Virendra replied nonchalantly, as if he was stating a simple fact.

Lavanya's breathing hitched upon listening to her husband's words. She could feel the heat rising to her cheeks while her ears already felt hot. Averting her gaze, she touched her soft cheeks only to realize that they are warmer. For a moment, she couldn't understand how to react - should she be happy because of being his first or should she worry because of her husband's sudden change in behavior.

"Lavanya, what happened? Why your cheeks turned pink?" Virendra asked, narrowing his eyes.

"I-Its nothing, Your Highness," Lavanya looked away, unable to find proper words to answer him. What should she say? Because of his words, she turned pink like that? It was impossible for her.

Before Lavanya could say anything, suddenly she felt like she had heard the laugher of some people. Her eyes darted from left to right, trying to listen to the faint sound. Soon she felt the sound of laughter became louder.

"Prince..."

"Can you hold your breath for a long time?" Virendra asked hurriedly, cutting her words.

"Yes," Lavanya replied, realizing that Virendra too heard the sound.

The monstrous laughter clearly declared that it belonged to the dacoit Baldev.

These dacoits! What are they doing here now?! Lavanya gasped, unconsciously tightening her grip around Virendra's lower arm.

"We need to hide under the water, otherwise the dacoits will find us," Virendra hurriedly said, before holding her hand tightly, pulling her under the water along with him.

Within a minute, they felt that the water above them was forming ripples. A boat was passing by over the water. Virendra and Lavanya were holding their breaths, trying to stay under the water without causing any suspicion to the dacoits.

"Baldev, don't you think we have enough wealth to support our dacoits and attack the King of Maheswari?" A dacoit asked, glancing at the wealth they were carrying in the boat.

"We still need more wealth, brother," Baldev replied. "The royals are very shrewd and powerful. If we haven't found this secret place then we couldn't find a place to save our looted wealth. Moreover that woman Sanvika Devi. She is haunting us like a ghost. Wherever we try to hide our wealth, that woman pops out of nowhere."

That's it! Fear me more, Baldev. Lavanya smirked, listening to the faint words of their conversation. Poor you, Baldev, your secret place isn't secret anymore. She immediately made up her mind what to do next after returning to the palace.