Lavanya Stuns The Royals : Chapter 16

"Did you apologize to her?" Mahesh asked with his arms crossed across his chest as soon as he saw Virendra entering the room.

"Yes," Virendra replied as he took his seat on the couch.

"What did she say?" Mahesh's face beamed with excitement as he gazed at his friend with eyes full of expectations.

"She was sleeping," Virendra replied in a nonchalant way.

"What!?" Mahesh's jaws slacked upon listening to Virendra's words. "You apologized to her when she is sleeping!? Virendra! I didn't ask you to apologize to her in her sleep."

"You just asked me to apologize to her and I did it," Virendra said as if he didn't commit any mistake.

Mahesh let out a deep breath while putting his palm on his face hopelessly. "Virendra..." He said before looking at his friend. "You know what, you are the most clueless person I have ever seen. Who apologizes when someone sleeps? Does that apology even come into count?"

"Does this mean she won't forgive me?" Virendra averted his gaze to his friend while looking at him with hope in his eyes.

"No!" Mahesh huffed. "You need to apologize to her properly." He let out a deep sigh and sat beside his friend. "Virendra, she is your wife. So it's not wrong to apologize to her."

"Alright. I will try to apologize to her tomorrow." Virendra nodded remorsefully. Why did I yell at her in the first place? Now, why is it so hard for me to ask for forgiveness? God! What's happening to me!?

"Jyoti, I am telling you, never ever marry a royal, alright?" Lavanya said in a despairing tone while putting on her golden bangles

"Why sister?" Jyoti uttered while trying hard to control her laughter as Lavanya was complaining to her since morning about the royal way of living.

"You are asking me why!?" Lavanya turned her face sideways to face Jyoti while looking at her with disbelief in her eyes. "Cannot you see how much I am struggling to wear this royal jewelry?" She let out a deep sigh before facing the mirror. "I generally wear a simple lehenga-vaani and simple necklace. But wearing this heavy saree with this heavy jewelry will choke me to death."

"You will get used to this, your highness." Jyotimani chuckled while ornating Lavanya's long braid with jewelry.

"When will these ritual things end?" Lavanya asked while putting on a highly designed golden ring on her index finger.

"Today's ritual is the last one," Jyoti replied while helping her princess to wear the necklaces.

"That's a relief." Lavanya smiled a bit while putting on the golden waistband around her waist.

"Princess, you look so beautiful." Jyotimani smiled after ornating Lavanya's braid with flowers.

Lavanya looked at herself in the mirror while a big smile formed on her face. She was wearing a pink silk saree in the dhoti style. While wearing the saree, Jyoti requested her a number of times to wear saree in a normal way but Lavanya insisted on wearing the saree in dhoti style saying that she used to feel comfortable in that style. The golden mangtika with the chain design covered up her hairline, making her face look even more beautiful. Though Lavanya didn't like heavy jewelry she couldn't say that she didn't look good with the jewelry.