Virendra-Lavanya Finds Dacoits Treasure: Chapter 28

I wanna introduce you with a new historical fiction author hoodieegirl

Please check our her book 'Rani Sa', a historical fiction book which includes the genres Chicklit and romance.

"The morning view of this place is so beautiful," Lavanya exclaimed unconsciously as she was mesmerized by the breath-taking beauty of nature

The sky was changing its hues, indicating that the sun would rise within a few hours. Few feathered friends were chirping gracefully, welcoming the sweet morning. The crowns of the big trees were faintly moving as the breeze was touching them gently.

"Why does it sound like this place isn't new for you?" Virendra evenly asked while taking out the practice equipment.

"Ish!" Lavanya closed her eyes tightly, realizing her mistake. I did commit a big blunder! Of course, I know about the western forests of Maheswari since I am Sanvika Devi. But I never came here during such an early morning. What should I do now!? She bit her lower lip a bit harshly, trying to find an instant answer that would satisfy her husband.

"Why aren't you saying anything?" Virendra stood beside his wife while he was gazing at the beautiful environment.

"Well...prince...actually I came here before. So I know this place. I never came here in such an early morning. So..." Lavanya trailed off while looking down to avoid the prince's gaze.

"Did you come here alone?" Virendra glared at her while his voice turned into a grim one.

"I came here with Surya," the princess replied as she glanced at the prince. "Sometimes we come here to pluck the berries. Mostly we come here during the middle time of Purvaanha prahar."

"Is Surya that close to you?" Virendra asked in a serious tone, feeling a sudden tightness in his chest when his wife mentioned the other person's name.

"Yes," Lavanya smiled brightly and looked at her husband. "We are best friends. He is very close to me. When you left me and went to gurukul, he used to accompany me all time."

"Do you like him?" Virendra asked out of the blue, looking at her with his piercing gaze.

"Of course I like him," Lavanya chuckled while averting her gaze from her husband to the beautiful nature. "He is my best friend after all."

Virendra's face turned into a grimaced one as he felt a sudden pang at his heart. A type of uneasiness invaded him while his chest felt heavier as if someone put some huge weight on it. Unknowingly, his brows furrowed, forming deep lines on his forehead. Subconsciously he stared at his wife who was smiling cheerfully while enjoying the beautiful environment.

Does she really like Surya that much? I have never seen her smile this much when she is with me or speaking to me. When I mentioned Surya's name, she smiled so brightly. Gulping the lump around his throat, his lips parted a bit to say something.