eighteen | stand tall

Start from the beginning

I could almost see a tear slip from the corner of Peter's eye. " Peter, I promise I'll be back. Do you need to say it 100 more times?"

" No, I'm just being really sensitive right now. Gimme a second." He wiped at the falling tears," I'm just scared, that's all."

" You little baby, I'll only be gone for a minute or two. Now stop crying and go hype up the kids."

I backed up and gave him a salute which he returned before I went to the Orpheum.

If Julie was here, then where were the boys? I sat on the couch besides Flynn. It was nice hanging with the girls, just the three of us even though they couldn't exactly see me.

" Something's wrong." Damn right, there is.

" The boys were getting the jolts pretty bad as I was leaving." Wait, is she saying what I think she's saying? " And they wouldn't stand me up again. They must of run out of time. Did Y/N go with them as well?.". Julie slowly came to terms that the boys didn't cross over and that they were gone. I felt my eyes brim to tears but I knew these guys for half my life. There's no way they could be gone this easily. If anything, they could be with Caleb. I watch Flynn try to give Julie a hug but she ran out before she could.

I ran out after her. She couldn't give up just like this. The boys wouldn't want her to not perform even if it was without them. I really wanted to comfort as we stood in the dark alleyway. She went on a rant to the air , trying to communicate with her mom.

" Just give me a sign that everything is going to be okay." Just as she said that, a woman with a bag of dahlias passed by. Her face was covered so she hadn't seen Julie crying. Dahlias? I saw those on Julie's piano whenever I went to the garage. It had something to do with her mom, right. I quickly pushed over a box that made Julie and the woman jump. The woman saw Julie and saw how distressed she was. And just like that, she handed Julie a dahlia.

Here's your sign, Julie. Julie brought to her chest and hugged it before she ran back in. That's my girl. I rubbed my hands together, " Good work, Y/N," before following her back inside. As I walked in, I saw Bobby sitting in the front row. I went to stand in front of him in order to block his view but to my dismay, I forgot I was invisible so this bitch could see right through me. I crossed my arms and just let myself have the satisfaction. Julie ran up to the stage and I quickly clapped along with the rest of the crowd.

"Hi, I'm Julie. Tonight I'd like to dedicate this song to my mom. And thank her for not giving up on. I'd also like to dedicate this song to three special friends and one that I have not formally met but heard so much about to know she's amazing, who changed my life completely, who have brought music back to me. It was their dream to play here, this is for them. This song is for anyone who's lost their way. Step into your greatness. Don't give up. Stand tall."

The second she started, the microphone had feedbacked which caught her off guard," Cmon, Julie, ignore it.". It almost as if she heard me because she continued on and started the song. You can do this, Julie.

" I gotta keep on dreaming

CAuse I gotta catch that feeling

What happens even if I'm the last standing

Imma stand tall Imma stand tall."

As Julie sang the last of the chorus, Reggie and Alex poofed in. I knew it. The two boys looked over at me and I gave them a thumbs up. They continued to play and looked back at Julie who sang the lyrics to them. There was one person missing from the stage. Where was Luke?

" And it's one, two, three, four times

That I'll try for one more night."

I saw the flash from where Luke usually stood and my face contorted in one of worry as I saw him struggling to come onto the stage.

" Light a fire in my eyes"

He looked at all of them on stage before looking over at me. He kept his eyes locked on mine before he disappeared again. I knew that I was going to cry again but the universe told me to shut up when Luke finally appeared on ," I'm going out of my mind." His eye dropped into a wink. Man, does that ever not fail to make me blush.

I looked back at Bobby to see his reaction. His jaw looked like it was about to fall. Hmm, I wonder if he thought Luke's was for him? Or was it for him?

" Never look back."

" Whatever happens even if I'm the last standing, Imma stand tall. Imma stand tall." Alex stood up. Wow, I had no idea my brother could sing like that. He really does take all the talent of the family well. Reggie started to sing as well and now I understood why all those girls frolicked after him at school. I moved towards the front in awe just as Julie and Luke began to do their thing as they walked up to the front singing together. Luke bent over towards me with Julie as they sang the chorus. Julie put the microphone between all three of us as I sang along. " Cause I gotta catch that feeling."

Reggie and Alex joined in the front as the song ended. Rather than disappearing right as the song end, the boys actually stayed to take in the cheers of the crowd. I waved my hand to garner their attention. Just as all three of them looked at me, I gave them a wave, "We'll see you there." They mouthed before I nodded. I really hope we do. One by one, they poofed away. Luke gave me a solemn look. I pointed at my heart before pointing at him. He smiled and returned it before he left the stage.

_
Bro i just noticed how much
I say like and look.
If each like and look cost a cent
I'd be poor 😳😳

I was originally not going 

to write in Julie's speech but man does it speak to me