𝙷𝚘𝚎𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗

*The Killing Moon- Echo & The Bunnymen

*Teen Age Riot- Sonic Youth

*Stand and Deliver- Adam & The Ants

*T.N.T-AC/DC

*My Way-Sid Vicious

ALESSIA

I wasn't a coward. I think Marcus was expecting more from me on that silent street just before we walked into hell. I was a mobster. But, god-damn, it's not like the movies. In my family you don't go head first into situations you aren't completely sure you understand. I was taught to survive. This, what Marcus wanted us to do, was a suicide mission. I didn't care if I had all the ammo in the world, cause a psycho was still a psycho. Unpredictable. Of course, I was all for this plan up until 10 minutes ago, but as I stood in the silence, something felt really off about this situation

"Maybe...we should just call the cops?" Petra's voice rose into the bitter air, voicing my hesitation, but the police. Really?

"I don't like this plan either, but we're not calling the cops" I muttered. Fare to say, the law and my family had a difficult relationship. "But, maybe we could y'know work something out that doesn't potentially end with us dead?" I added, feeling Maria's burning eyes on me, as she placed her hands on her lips.

"Well, I didn't ask you guys to come!" Dang. That was cold. Lex who had enough leaning against the truck let out a scoff

"What's that? Why, yes, Maria. We're putting ourselves in great danger to help you unscrew your pooch. How nice of you to notice"

By the time we had our shit together, the hillbillies inside were gonna know we were there, if they didn't already know seeing as they knew too much already. Billy who had tried to keep out of the conflict, aimed to ease the tensions

"We're worried. That's fair, right? This is gnarly. We could die in there"

The word 'gnarly' always disgusted me. I just could not understand it, like, what does it mean?....Alright, I'm getting distracted. My bad. Marcus looked up at us, letting a sigh escape through his lips. Ah Jesus, here came one of his inspiring speeches again.

"Billy's right. I was so focused on convincing you guys to help, I never considered that. I-I guess I thought... This is what we were trained to do...to take down a rabid animal, a bully, like the piece of shit inside the house. Look, I can't promise that no one's gonna die, but we're making the world safer" He muttered, his eyes full of passion. My arms crossed slowly as I looked at him, and he met my eye.

"Look, you're my friend, Marcus and I care about you, but you don't know what you're talking about. 'I can't promise that no one's gonna die'? That's real motivational" My hair blew in the wind as I let out an exasperated laugh. "This isn't some movie. People actually only do speeches like that to boost their own ego" Maybe he was surprised that I was being upfront for once, but I was tired of sitting on the bench.