Chapter 4

Sophie pov

I'm confused when he leads me to the engineer room that he calls the ice box. It doesn't feel as cold I thought it would. But it definitely is colder than I'm feeling because I seem the Alpha breath in the air as well as waves of steam coming off him.

I itch to snuggle up to him, but I hold myself because than it would become blaring obvious that I'm an omega. Betas do everything they can to avoid over heating or freezing, which is one of the reasons why they don't have a strong pull to mating either Alpha or Omega. Well unless they are trapped in a pharome high. But that is such a low chance in this day and age.

" You will be reorganizing our wiring system, be sure to tidy up cables and have everything in optimize  running compacity. This is the first room of twenty five that we have put the order in for your compound. Your boss states that you will complete your task with in 24hrs with a break. But our Dome Alpha know best that realistically you will be given breaks for eating rest, as well as using the designated facilities. we have assign for your estimated stay as well as the meeting that the Dome Alpha has scheduled for the completion of your task." This Alpha said in a gruff tone as he took long strides down hall walls of towering system of chaotic wiring and the mess of it all.

There is no order to any of this and nothing is labeled or safety checking for any of it. I can see wires that have been frazzled some cord look like they were cut and left in the machinery and and bundles of cables that I have no clue where they are going. There is no way I will get this all done if the rest of the rooms are this chaotic in 24hrs.

As I felt anxiety building, I zoned out and didn't notice that the Alpha that was guiding me stopped and I bumped right into his back nearly bouncing off of him before his hand shots out and easily wraps around my upper arm with a strong grip. For the brief of seconds I saw confusion on his face before he masked his emotions back to the blank expression he had before.

"Watch your step Beta. This is the room that Dome Alpha has secured for you and has made it priority that only you have access to this room besides the cleaning staff. They will arrive at exactly 1500hrs to clean and restock anything in this room from the bedding, toiletries, ect. Meals will be sent to this room for you at the scheduled times and if you dont return in time for your meals they will be taken away. So if you miss out on eating that is your responsibilities." As he spoked he was writing in his little book of things. Or maybe that was his checklist of things to say.

With out another word, he just turned and left. I felt odd. Like I should be catching on to something, but I can't put my finger on it. Well what ever it is it can't be that important right now.

So I decide to explore the room, if I com that the work order has been changed through a document com than I could save my father from mother's wrath. Everything must be filed. No it's, an's, or buts about it.

Yet, their was no wall Com unit with documentation options so now I have to Com with my hand held and hope I mother has cooled off since earlier.

........

Hopefully.

The room was spacious, little more decorated than I would guess for an engineer guest room would be. A soft carpeted rug that covered the floor looking like a cloud covered the floor. The bed in the corner looked like a queen covered with just a simple sheet, with only one line pillow. That definitely won't do if I have to sleep here. A small closet was next the small light stand and who ever designed this room must have been fan of the floating lights. But why are they so high up. In fact why is everything so high up. I will have to request that all of this need to be adjusted to my high specifically, it like it was meant for Alpha Omage mating room.

My mind kept circling back to the bed. It need more blankets and pillows. I need to correct it. It can't be bare like this much longer and this suite is getting heavier and warm. Crap. My blockers. I need to get more blockers. I'm already showing symptoms of it waring off wanting to be in my natural image state.

"This is compound omega at work site Alpha dome. I need to have my work order modified and blockers sent my way asap. I repeat this is compound omega at work site Alpha dome. I need to have my work ordered modified and blockers sent my way asap."I listened for a confirmation but nothing.

Just static. What's going on?