21.

18 years ago

18 years ago...

"Where would you two like to go today?" Mr Ishiguro asked Hotaru and Satoru as they were having their breakfast in the dining room.

Hotaru turned to her brother, who was still stuffing his bowl of Oyako-Don in his face. He placed the bowl down and Hotaru bursted out laughing when she saw that a few rice grains were stuck to his right cheek.

"You need to learn some table manners, Satoru. You're 8 years old already." She reminded him gently and used her fingers to wipe away the rice grains off his faces.

Satoru nodded his head and turned to his father. "Can we go to Kashii Kaen, pleeeeeassseeeee?"

Mr Ishiguro chuckled and ruffled his son's hair. "Anything! Let's go then!"

"YAY!" The two siblings cheered in unison.

Mrs Ishiguro scrambled out of the kitchen and untied her apron.

"Slow down, Honey! I haven't finished washing the dishes." She pleaded, wiping off sweat from her forehead.

He nodded at his wife and got the kids to get changed. Hotaru and Satoru dashed towards their bedroom in excitement.

As Satoru struggled to button his shirt with his tiny fingers, Hotaru smiled warmly and bent down to help him. After fixing his shirt, she took a comb and helped to brush his hair.

Mr Ishiguro peeked inside their room and was pleasantly surprised to see Hotaru helping her brother out. His heart felt so warm and happy seeing his beautiful children.

Not long after, Mrs Ishiguro joined her husband and then sees Hotaru and Satoru reading a book together, all dressed up to visit their favorite amusement park.

"We're so blessed to have them." Mrs Ishiguro whispered to her husband, beaming with pride.

"We do." Mr Ishiguro nodded in agreement. "Hotaru and Satoru are my greatest joy."

Asahi stared across at Mr and Mrs Ishiguro, who sat opposite his table to listen to the incredible miracle that had happened to their daughter.

"So... you're saying Hotaru's alive again?" Mr Ishiguro repeatedly asked.

Asahi nodded his head and handed him the piece of wish paper that they had wrote and wished for Hotaru.