5.

Haruto was preparing his wallet and keys before heading out

Haruto was preparing his wallet and keys before heading out. Jeongwoo was pouting at the doorway.

"Can't I go with you? It's so boring here!" He whined, stomping his foot.

"No, you're staying at home. After that incident with the priest, I'm not letting you get into trouble again. You do want to see your family before you go off right?" Haruto reminded him.

Recalling that dreadful day, Jeongwoo nodded his head sadly and admitted defeat. Haruto broke into a smile and waved goodbye. "I'll just buy some groceries and come back immediately. It won't take long."

Before he could close the door, Jeongwoo shouted at him and pointed at the umbrella.

"Hey, take an umbrella with you! It might rain later." He suggested.

Haruto waved him off. "Nah, it's fine. The sky looks pretty clear tonight."

As Haruto walked to the grocery store, he saw a flash of lightning, instantly regretting not listening to Jeongwoo.

"Damn it. I'm gonna get wet." He muttered in annoyance.

Continuing his walk, it started to pour heavily. Haruto put his black hoodie on and walked at a faster pace. As he waited at the traffic junction, he could see a figure walk past him. Baffled, Haruto realized that the red man was still flashing.

He recognized the uniform the girl was wearing. She's from my school? What's her damn problem?! Haruto watched in horror as a truck approached her. Dashing across the road, he grabbed hold of her and with all his might, threw the two of them onto the safe pavement opposite.

Haruto groaned. His elbow and knee were aching. Frustrated, he stood up and faced the girl. When their eyes met, Haruto almost fell onto the floor, again.

This girl... She looks familiar... He took a peak at her name tag. Ishiguro Hotaru. That's her.

"It's you."

~

Haruto and Hotaru reached the grocery store, after an awkward walk together sharing an umbrella.

Hotaru watched as Haruto closed the umbrella and ruffled his wet hair. She followed him into the mart as the boy looked at the bread section. She took a deep breath and walked towards him.

"So," She began, "You... know me?" 

Haruto took a loaf of bread and placed it into the basket he was holding. "Yeah, you're the pretty girl everyone was talking about in my school. Except that if I remember correctly, you're supposed to be dead."