10.

It was 2am in the morning

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

It was 2am in the morning. Haruto laid on his bed in a deep slumber.

"...No! You must save him!"

He recognized his mother's despaired voice. What was she talking about? Haruto couldn't see anything but darkness, as well as voices.

Just then, he could see a figure in the middle of all the blackness. It was a girl. He couldn't see her face, but she looked young, perhaps his age.

Before Haruto could take a step closer, the girl had vanished into thin air, and the sounds of a baby crying could be heard. Then, his eyes opened wide awake.

He realized that he was sweating all over. Getting up, Haruto took in deep breaths and tried to calm himself down. This was no ordinary dream, for he had dreamt of the exact same dream many times already, since he was a child. It was the same dream of a girl disappearing into nothing followed by an infant's cry. What did all this mean?

"Are you okay?" Jeongwoo asked, suddenly appearing in front of him.

Haruto jumped. "God, you scared me! Don't do that!"

Jeongwoo raised an eyebrow. "Sorry. Is it that dream again?"

The boy nodded his head. "I don't know why I keep dreaming about the same thing... I feel like there's more to this than I think. I've had this exact dream for years, Jeongwoo." He told the ghost worriedly.

"Maybe it does hold some sort of meaning. Perhaps the deities are trying to send you a message to become a shaman and take care of ghosts." Jeongwoo suggested. 

Offended, Haruto glared at him. "The heck? Why would they show me a girl then?"

Jeongwoo shrugged.

"I mean, you're able to see ghosts since you were born. That definitely isn't something out of the ordinary."

Haruto paused. That did seem to make some sense.

"Argh, what do I do? At this rate, my insomnia is going to get really bad!"

Jeongwoo sighed and shook his head. "Don't think too much about it. You've got school tomorrow so just try to close your eyes and go back to sleep."

It wasn't long before the sun started to rise. Haruto woke up again, and stretched. As he headed to the bathroom, he spotted Hotaru sitting at the dining table with Jeongwoo eating a sandwich. She was in her school uniform.

"W-what are you doing?" Haruto questioned.

Hotaru stared at Haruto and stifled her laughter. The boy's hair was in a mess, and his face looked swollen. She had never seen the handsome boy look so unglamorous before.

"I'm going to school!"

"How...?"

Jeongwoo snorted. "YOLO, Ruto. Hotaru's gonna try to sneak in without getting caught. It might work."