Nightmares - KiriBaku

Start from the beginning

     Bakugo stays silent as he pulls his blanket up higher, hiding his teddy bear underneath the comforter. 

     "Well I'm fine so you can leave now." Bakugo says letting out a soft "tch" as he rolls over to his side facing Kirishima more. 

     "Are you sure? You were crying pretty heavily and I know you aren't one to talk about personal stuff but I just want to remind you that it is super manly to cry you know." Kirishima says taking a seat by the bed. 

      "I said I was fine now go away -" Bakugo is cut off by a loud strike of thunder causing him to flinch and hide more underneath the blanket. 

       Kirishima takes note of this and tilts his head to the side. 

        "Are you afraid of the storm Bakubro?" 

        "No!" Bakugo spits out. 

        "It's okay if you are. Everyone is afraid of something." Kirishima replies softly. 

        Bakugo looks up at Kirishima softly with dried tears on his cheeks. Before he is able to reply his nightlight begins flicker before completely going out, leaving the two in complete darkness. This causes the little one to begin whimpering before more big tears begin to fall. 

        Kirishima notices right away as he begins to run to the light switch to turn on the light. He flicks it on and off before cursing to himself, "Looks like the power is out". 

       Bakugo begins to cry louder as the trees from outside cast scary shadows along his walls. "No like the dark, it's scary, make go away." He whimpers out. 

      The older of the two looks at Bakugo curiously. He isn't quite sure why Bakugo is acting like this, but it doesn't matter, what does matter is helping him feel better. 

      "Hey, Baku does your light here take batteries?" Kirishima says softly. 

      Bakugo nods before hiding back under the blanket.  

      "Do you have any extras?" Kirishima asks receiving a shake from Bakugo. "Well I have some in my room, I'll go grab them so we can fix your light okay?" He begins to leave but Bakugo jumps up from his bed grabbing his arm. 

       "No leave me please." He practically begs.  Kirishima softly smiles bending down a bit to be at eye level with Bakugo. 

      "I will only be a couple of minutes okay? Not too long" Bakugo shakes his head and latches on harder to the older of the two. 

      "No! Don't go!" He whines as Kirishima chuckles softly. Bakugo was a lot more clingy in this state but he didn't mind too much. 

      "Okay, how about you hold my hand and you can come with me to get the batteries?" He asks the little one. Bakugo nods and holds up his teddy bear. 

      "Can Theodore come too please?" Kirishima looks between Bakugo and the bear and smiles, "Of course he can. Now let's hurry so we can get your light fixed okay?" Bakugo nods holding Kirishima's hand. 

      They both make the trip next door collecting the batteries and then headed back to the room. Bakugo sits on his bed swinging his feet and holding his bear in one arm and sucking his thumb with the other. Kirishima notices this and pulls the kid's thumb from his mouth. "Hey, that's bad for you teeth hun. No more of that okay?" Bakugo nods and pouts a bit. 

      Suddenly light fills the room as Kirishima puts the toy light back on its stand. "See all fixed! Now the room isn't so scary anymore!" Bakugo claps and runs to give Kirishima a big hug. 

       "Thank you Kiripima! You best!" He slurs out hugging the redhead. Kirishima chuckles hugging Bakugo back. 

      "Anytime shorty. Now I think it's time a certain someone goes back to bed." Kirishima says softly causing Bakugo to pout. 

     "You gonna leave me?" He whispers softly. 

     "Well, it's time for bed," Kirishima replies. 

    "Can Kiri stay with Theodores and me?" Bakugo asks giving puppy eyes. 

     "Sure kid, now get in bed and scoot over. Don't be a blanket hog." He replies laughing as Bakugo does as he is told. 

     "You think you can explain all this to me tomorrow little bro?" Kirishima asks the little one who is already beginning to doze off. He receives a hum in response and decides to deal with it in the morning. They both begin to snore softly as Bakugo wraps himself around Krishima. 

~Next Morning~

Mina, Kaminari and Sero are walking down the hallway on their way to breakfast. 

"Hey that storm was pretty heavy last night," Kaminari points out. 

"Oh I know, I woke up like three times last night." Sero replies. 

Mina nods in agreement, "I wonder how Bakugo and Kirishima slept." They all shrug making their way past all the dorm rooms. Suddenly a loud boom was heard echoing through the halls. 

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM SHITTY HAIR?!" 

~End~ 

Word Count: 1,530

Thanks so much for reading this one shot chapter! Don't forget to request some scenarios! I love you all! 

~ Teddy Bumble