Scary Monsters ~ Rei x Enji

Hey everyone! I'm back and I'm trying to update asap!

Edited by: Lanee91

Requested by: 

Big! Rei Little! Enji

Summary: Enji has a panic attack after he mistakes Rei for someone else.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soft sounds of piano keys filter across the dimmed bedroom as the sun outside the single window in the room begins to set. Soft hums left the little one's mouth as they played with their teddy bear bouncing it up and down.

"I miss Papa, don't you?" Enji asks the bear as it nods its head up and down. The redhead smiles before hugging it close. He lays back onto the bed as his smile turns into a small frown as he starts to once again miss his father.

He tries to push the memories out of his head as he holds the bear high into the sky. He swings it around as if the teddy bear was a superhero just like him.

All day long the new number one hero had to deal with tons of responsibilities that he was not yet used to. He had always dreamed of surpassing All Might but little did he realize, he was not yet ready for such a difficult position.

He sighs a bit as he pushes himself further into his headspace before crawling towards his desk where his box of crayons and his favorite coloring book sat. He grabs them quickly as he dumps the colorful utensils down onto the carpet before vigorously swiping through pages.

Finally he lands on a picture of a dragon and a castle which meets his standards as he begins to color the picture in a messy manner. He smiles to himself as he places one thumb in his mouth as his other hand continues to color the page.

After a few minutes, a soft knock is heard before the bedroom door starts to open. The dark shadows of the room cascade shadows across the person's face making it hard to tell who had just entered the room.

Enji looks up excited for a friend to come in but stops automatically as tears rise to his eyes. He sits up and begins to crawl backwards into a corner as hot tears leave his eyes. "Go away." He mumbles.

Rei stands in the doorway confused with a sad expression as she moves towards the boy who cowers into the wall further. "Enji honey, it's me." She says softly, causing the boy to sob.

"Go away, Nana!" He screeches causing Rei to stop her motions completely. She takes a step back before putting a hand to her mouth as she turns towards the door. She flicks on the bedroom light causing the scared little to scream out again. "I'm good boy, Nana, I promise!"

Rei knew immediately who she was being mistaken for and it filled her heart with sorrow. Years ago when Enji first started regressing his mother hired a caregiver to care for the hero when he was in his vulnerable state. Nana was a girl that Enji's mother trusted deeply up until the events that happened.

Nana was cruel towards small Enji, and no matter how good of a little boy he was, he was constantly getting in trouble. The woman acted properly in front of others but when the two were alone she would belittle him and call him mean names because of his regression.

It wasn't until the night terrors started that Enji's mother decided to install cameras into various places in their home. It only took one day of babysitting for her to realize what sort of trauma the young hero was being put through.

Since those events, it was hard for Enji to open up and be little around anyone until Rei came along. But unfortunately, she was not enough to erase the terrible memories and trauma that now live within Enji's mind.

The redhead's heart began to slow down as he realized who was truly in front of him. Tears still fell from his eyes no matter how hard he tried to control them. He began to use the palm of his hands to try and wipe the tears further away as Rei slowly walked towards him with her arms open as if asking for a hug.

He immediately fell into her arms as soon as she was close enough, as he let out soft whimpers and sobs. Rei frowned a bit as she rubbed his back in hopes of giving him more comfort.

After a few minutes the little one's cries subside as his eyes glow a soft pinkish red color from crying. Rei pulls away from the hug before giving him a soft kiss to the nose.

"I'm so sorry for scaring you, little flame. This is why we turn the light on when we color, remember? So that way no scarries happen, right?" She says while running her fingers through his hair in a calming motion.

He nods before leaning his head onto her shoulder. Rei leans down and grabs the boy's teddy bear before guiding him to the bed. She knew that after having such a panic that the little one would be ready to just cuddle and sleep as he was surely already exhausted before the incident.

"Sorry I tell you to go away." He says, causing Rei to smile a bit.

"Baby you did nothing wrong, you thought I was a bad person and that's exactly what you should do. Don't be sorry because everything is all better now, right?"

He nods a bit as he holds the teddy bear tight in his arms. Rei moves the blanket and begins to tuck the little one into bed gently before giving him another small peck to his forehead.

"Goodnight sweetheart, Rei's here to protect you from the scary people, okay?" She says as she turns on the hallway light. He smiles back at her before promptly closing his eyes and falling asleep.

Seeing Enji in pain hurts Rei deeply but now she is able to try her best to mend the broken pieces back together again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Thanks for checking out this oneshot! Sorry it's a bit short, I always have trouble writing Enji/Endeavor. More updates to come!

Much Love,

~ Teddy Bumble