Year 6-12 | Sectumsempra

Start from the beginning

"Sectumsempra!" I heard Harry shout from the other side of the lavatory followed by whimpers and groans from Draco. Sectumsempra was the spell Harry was talking to me about, one he had found in the Half-blood Prince's book. I ran towards the other side and there I saw Harry slowly walking towards the very end of the lavatory. I continued walking brushing past his shoulder to see Draco laying in the middle bleeding profoundly.

I let out a scream looking at Draco and then back at Harry who also seemed to be shocked. He didn't do it on purpose, he didn't know what the spell did. But why would he be so stupid and use it on Draco when he didn't know what it did?

I kneeled down beside Draco who was groaning in pain. The blood wasn't stopping and the floor started to fill with his blood. My skirt started to stain with his blood and I felt my body starting to shake. He was dying.

"I didn't mean to-" Harry said, his voice was breaking and his breath became unsteady, "But I guess it doesn't even matter to you."

"What?"

"Who do you really like Evelyn? Me or him?"

"Don't be ridiculous, you of course! Why are you even asking me this?"

"I saw you with Draco in the Astronomy Tower, the night Ron was poisoned."

"I was only talking to him as friends- I don't like him!" I yelled starting to get frustrated he'd even bring this up.

"Then why did you lie you were going to the common room?" He said raising his voice as well. I didn't answer that question, I didn't know what to say. It was my fault that I lied. Why did I lie anyway? I could've just told Harry the truth.

"Is that why you've been ignoring me?" I said with my voice breaking a little. He didn't reply, only stared at me. Snape came in brushing past Harry. He eyed Harry and I, both of us were shaking. Harry didn't say anything and stormed out the lavatories.

"Sir, it was an accident. He didn't know what the spell did and-"

"Silence," Snape snapped kneeling down on the other side of Draco who was now unconscious. He took out his wand and placed it on top of Draco's blood-stained shirt.

"Vulnera Sanentur," He said slowly tracing Draco's wounds. Each time he casted the spell, the blood that covered the floor got sucked back in. Even the blood that stained Draco's shirts slowly disappeared.

~***~

I sat on a chair beside his bed, no one was in the Hospital Wing except for us. His sleeve was slightly lifted revealing the very end of the dark mark. Something was weird though, there were a slight tint of red on it. I slowly lifted his arm pulling up the sleeve revealing the dark mark completely, it was covered with scratch marks.

"The hell are you looking at?" He said waking up and slapping my hand away.

"How are you feeling?" I asked clearing my throat.

"An odd thing to ask someone who almost bled out to death," He muttered sitting up straight.

"Harry didn't mean it, he didn't know what the spell meant."

"You're only saying that because he's your boyfriend."

"He really didn't you know?"