𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 59 - Lovesick

Start from the beginning

"You're right, unnie, but what if it takes her that long to forgive me as well?" I said sadly.

"I don't think it will take that long, Lalisa. Don't worry too much, we all know she can't resist you. Maybe tonight the two of you will make up, and you know what will happen after that." She chuckled. "Don't be so down. I'll call her and try to invite her to lunch so she won't be suspicious that you asked about her whereabouts." She said.

"Thank you so much, unnie. You're the best. Seriously, I am so grateful that you and Rosie are in our lives. I love both of you so much. Please take care of Jennie while I'm not by her side." I told her with a smile on my face.

"Why are you saying those words Lalisa? It will be for hours only because Jennie can't resist you the moment she sees you again." She chuckled. "By the way, what are you doing today?" She asked.

"I'll probably sleep all day." I said.

"How about the opening tonight?" She asked.

"The original plan was, Jennie and I will go together, but I don't think she'll go tonight, so I'm probably not going as well." I said, slumping on the bed.

"Lalisa, Seulgi will disown you." She said, making me laugh.

"Yeah, you're right. They moved the opening just for me, but what about Jennie? What if she gets even angrier if I come?" I asked.

"I'll try to talk to her about it. Rosé and I are going, so maybe we can persuade her to come with us. If not, just go for a couple of hours for our friends. Jennie will understand. Just don't get drunk when you get back home." She told me.

"Okay, unnie, thank you again. You're my lifesaver." I said, and she laughed.

"Stop being downhearted, Lalisa. Everything will be fine soon. I'll call you after lunch." She said as she hung up the phone.

3ʳᵈ POV

Jennie is now searching for her beloved cousin inside the Korean restaurant where they have decided to dine. She can't believe her cousin asked her first where she wanted to eat, and then agreed without hesitation when she chose the restaurant near their company building.

She was still searching for her unnie when she heard Jisoo's voice, then she turned to see her cousin waving at her.

"Jendeukie here!" Jisoo called her name, smiling, and Jennie reciprocated it with her gummy smile. The feline-eyed girl approached her and kissed her unnie on the cheek before sitting on the chair, then she removed her sunglasses. Jisoo immediately noticed her eyes. "What happened to your eyes? Why are they puffy?" Jisoo asked, even though she already knew the answer.

"Nothing, unnie." Jennie said, quickly changing the subject. "Is Rosé in the comfort room?" Jennie asked. Jisoo shook her head then handed her the menu.

"Unexpected family day. Her brother and his family just returned to Korea this morning for their sister's wedding. Her mom insisted on all of them having lunch at home because she will cook." Jisoo said as she looked over the menu.

"But why are you here? Did she not invite you? I thought you were already okay with them." Jennie asked.

"Of course she invited me, but I already promised a lunch date with my favorite cousin." Jisoo said, winking at her.

"But it's fine with me if you cancel our lunch and go with them." Jennie said with her brow furrowed.

"It's okay, Jendeukie. I miss the food here." Jisoo said, returning her gaze to the menu.