𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 20 - Turnaround

LISA

My heart is still racing and my hands are trembling after what happened with Jennie. Her warmth still lingers on my hands. 'I should have hugged her a little longer. Damn Lalisa, that is the last time you'll do that to her.'

But nevertheless, f***!
Every time I see her face, I recall her rejection and how she uttered the name of her lover. I thought it was enough for me to confess my feelings, that I wasn't expecting her to reciprocate it and I can still remain as her best friend. But after kissing her last night, I can't go back to being her best friend. I ruined our friendship. I need to get away for a while. I can't bear seeing her because it hurts so much. I thought I had already prepared myself, that I could handle it if she rejected me, but I was wrong.

My father's timing in asking for my assistance in our business is the best option. He asked for my assistance months ago. My father appointed my cousin Bambam to manage our businesses in Thailand, but he is just fooling around and not taking the job seriously. Which is why the business is stagnant. I've always declined my father's offer because I don't want to be separated from Jennie and my friends, but it's now my only option. I'm glad my father asked me again this morning when he called. I accepted his offer and will accompany him to Thailand this evening.

I never tell anyone that this isn't merely a business trip. I'm not sure how long I'll be there, maybe months or years. I didn't even know when I'd return, maybe if I forgot about my feelings for Jennie, but can I really forget about her?

I'm still on my way to my family's estate. I haven't opened my phone since my father called. I decided to play a game on it to distract myself for a while. When I opened it, I was flooded with messages from Jennie's head maid, Mrs. Park.

Mrs. Park is the oldest maid in the Kim household and the one who took care of Jennie while Mrs. Kim was busy running her business before. She's like Jennie's second mother. We became close because I was always at the Kim's house. Mrs. Park continued to call me even after we became adults, but only to greet me on rare occasions, which is why I was surprised to receive so many messages from her in a single day.

When I opened one of the messages that she sent to me, my eyes widened, then I read some of them again.

'What should I do?' I need to think carefully, but....

... "Fuck it." I cussed to myself.

"Bobby." I called out to my driver.

"Yes, Miss Lalisa?" He inquired.

"We're not going to the mansion anymore." I said.

"Where are we going, Miss?" Bobby asked once more.

"To the Kim household." I said, looking outside the car window. I sighed and pressed my temple.

Jennie, how can I leave if you're in this kind of situation?

3ʳᵈ POV

Jennie slowly opens her eyes, waking up in a familiar room, her own room, but after a few seconds she recalls what happened before she passed out and begins to panic once more.

"MOM! MOM!" She yelled.

"Jennie, calm down. Your mother is fine now." Rosé said, letting Jennie lie back down on her bed. She's the one who stayed by Jennie's side until she woke up.