𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 1 - Our Special Day

LISA

Today is Sunday, but instead of chillin' in my penthouse here I am waiting for her. I've been standing here in our favorite meeting place for an hour and my legs are starting to ache.

Last Friday, I asked her to hang out with me because we are about to celebrate our special day today, but as expected of her, she is late again.

'Damn, but I don't have the right to complain.'

Who am I to her? I am Lalisa Manoban or for short Lisa, her freakin' best friend.

I sighed and scratched my nape while thinking about our state.

I met my dearest best friend when I was in grade school. I am always bullied at that time because I'm a new student and a foreigner. I am a Thai. My family is one of the richest and most influential in the business world. We have a lot of businesses back in our country and internationally as well, that is why my parents decided to transferred me here in Korea, to low-profile.

Back to my best friend, she is one of the most popular girls in our school at that time. She is very talented, smart and undeniably the prettiest girl in our school, while me, I'm not the cool kid. I'm just a nerd.

Until now, I still couldn't believe that she approached me first and befriended me. She defended me from those kids who bullied me.

From that time on, we became close to each other. We became best friends. We promised each other that we will always celebrate the day that we first met to honor our friendship.

My best friend and I knew everything about each other. We never hide anything. She even knows that I like girls, and she accepted me for who I am. She told me that she will always be there for me, and that she will support everything that makes me happy.

As the time goes by, I started to feel something for her. Something that is more than to our precious friendship. She became more special and beautiful in my eyes, that when she gave me her gummy smile, my heart suddenly beats faster and there are butterflies inside my stomach.

I know to myself that I'm madly in love with her. I know as well that I shouldn't have to feel this way because she is my best friend, but what can I do, I am just a human.

So, I decided to keep my feelings to myself. This is the only secret that I never told her. I am afraid that if she knows about it, I might lose her, and it will ruin our friendship. It's hard to hide these feelings, but it's for the best. At least, I am always by her side

Today is the very day that we first met, our special day. I am so excited cos we are about to celebrate it. I am still waiting for her, and I'm starting to lose my patience.

What's taking her so long? Damn, maybe she is still with her boyfriend.

'My best friend got a boyfriend. I know, life sucks.'

There is a huge difference between a priority and an option, and of course I am just an option cos I am just her best friend.

They are new in their relationship, and honestly speaking, I don't like the guy. I am telling it not just because I'm jealous, but because my guts tell me that something is wrong with that guy. I don't trust him, but what can I do she loves him, and for me her happiness only matters.

'Sometimes I asked myself, am I a masochist?'

I am now looking at my wrist watch when I suddenly heard that voice. My favorite voice, my best friend's voice. I'm glad that she's here. My dearest best friend, Jennie Ruby Jane Kim is here at last.

"I-i'm so sorry I'm late again." Jennie said while catching her breath. She probably run on her way here.

"It's fine, breathe first. I did some errands a while ago and I just came here as well." I said to her.

'Damn why are you so whipped Lalisa.' I slapped myself in my mind.

"Thank goodness." She said and smile at me that fade the ache on my legs. "By the way, you don't have work today. What did you do?" She asked with furrowed brows.

Oh! I didn't expect that she will ask me.

"N-nothing, it's not so important Nini..." That is my nickname for her, and usually she calls me Lili. We have our own endearment to each other. "..besides we are going to celebrate today. Are you excited?" I said and smile to her.

"Why? What's the occasion? Is your company stocks went up. I thought you only want to hang out with me cos you miss me. What's so special for today?" She asked curiously again.

Is it for real? Or is it just a joke?

"Stop jesting me, Nini. It's not funny." I said and chuckle, but her face is still serious that made my forehead creased. "Did you really forgot it?" I asked now seriously.

"About what? I'm not jesting you Lisa. I really don't know what you are talking about. Come on, let's just talk about it later." She said while taking her phone from her bag.

We always celebrate our special day yearly. How could she do this to me? Am I not that important to her? Ever since she's been in a relationship with that guy she started to change. We rarely hang out and see each other, and now she forgot our special day.

I'm so pissed.

I'm glad that she is using her phone now cos she is not seeing my annoyed face.

"Let's hang out another time." I said that made her look at me suddenly.

"What?" She asked, but I turned my back on her.

"I said let's hang out another time, Jennie. I'm not feeling well today." I only said her name when I am annoyed with her.

"What's happening to you?" I heard her, but I started to walk away. "HEY LALISA! What's wrong!" I heard her calling me, but I don't look back. Instead, I hurriedly get into my car. I don't know what expression she is giving me now, but I know that she is very pissed to me as well.

I'll deal with her havoc later.

Cos I will deal first with this pain that I'm feeling inside my chest.

Unrequited love is such a pain.

_____________________________________

Hi Everyone. (^O^)/💛

This is the start of the rewrite version
of Ruin the Friendship.
I hope that you will love it. 💖

Sorry for the grammatical errors again.

I just want to ask your thoughts about it? Please Comment, it truly motivates me to write again. ♡

Thank you for always supporting my stories. Don't forget to Vote if you love this story.

You can Follow me as well so you'll know when will I update.

Keep safe always. ♡

JENLISAisLIFE❤️