𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 6 - Slip of the Tongue

LISA

I am freaking nervous right now. My hands are sweating cold and my heart is beating erratically. Jennie's intense glare made me frozen instantly on my seat that I can't utter a single word to her.

"Back on Earth Lalisa. Can you please enlighten me on what happened yesterday? Why you left me hanging yesterday?" Jennie asked with anxiousness in her voice.

'Damn, she's mad at me. Can someone help me please '

I don't know what to say right now. She is still glaring at me while waiting for my explanation. She is about to speak again when Jisoo unnie suddenly interfere.

"Jendeukie saved the scolding later. Let's eat first. My chipmunk and I are already starving. And also I really want to taste my favorite crispy fried chicken now." Jisoo unnie whines.

"Please Jennie I couldn't take it anymore. My head is starting to ache. Please, let us order now." Rosé pleaded and gave the menu to my best friend.

Jennie looks annoyed, but she still gave in to their request.

"Fine, fine. My gosh these two brats. Why the both of you are hungry all the time?" Jennie sighed, then she suddenly pointed her finger at me that startled me.

"And you Lalisa Manoban." Jennie said and glared at me. "Give me a reasonable explanation later if you want me to spare your life." Jennie said that made me gulp. I can't move again from my seat, so I just nod at her.

'Jisoo's chickens please help me.'

I fear for my life right now and starts to cry internally.

Rosé noticed my disgrace and immediately smiles at me, while Jisoo unnie winked at me when Jennie's eyes focus to the menu.

'Thank you so much chicken and chipmunk for the support.'

Several minutes later.

Rosé called the waiter. We ordered a lot of foods, especially the lovers.

After the waiter took our orders, Jennie's phone starts to ring. From the way she looks and smiles at her phone I know that her prince charming (eww prince, eww charming) is the one that is calling her right now. My best friend immediately excused herself to answer the call that made me sigh when she walks away.

"I think it's the boyfriend." Jisoo unnie said with furrowed brows.

"Yah, she looks excited when she saw the caller." Rosé said that made me unhappy.

"Lisa are you okay?" Rosé concernedly asked that snap me on my train of thoughts.

"W-what?" I asked dumbfounded.

"I'm asking if you're okay. You look like the world weighs on your shoulders right now." Rosé said worriedly.

"I-i'm fine. It's just that I'm a little bit nervous." I said and chuckled nervously.

"A little bit nervous." Jisoo said and chuckled that made us look at her. "Don't even joke yourself. You look like your about to pee on your pants while she's speaking with you. Have a little courage, Lalisa." Jisoo unnie encourage me.

"Y-you're right unnie." I said and looks down.

"Lisa, look at me. We are always here for you. No -" Jisoo unnie is still speaking when Jennie suddenly came back and cut her off.

"What's happening here? Why there is a dark aura? What's wrong?" Jennie asked with furrowed brows.

"Oh It's nothing Jendeukie. We are just giving Lalisa a bit of advice." Jisoo said and smile nervously.