Hawks Oneshot

Sitting on the couch watching tv was the perfect way to relax after patrol. As a hero, your time at home wasn't as often as you may have liked, but you would take what you could get. 

You heard the front door open and your husband walked in, peeking around the corner for you. "Hey lovebird." he winked. 

You smiled, sending a wink back his way. "Have you already showered?" he asked. You nodded, "Sorry, I was exhausted." 

He brushed away your apology with a smile, "I'm gonna go shower and then we should go to bed, cuddle for a bit, and you can tell me all about your day." 

Your smile was all the permission he needed to slip down the hall and into the shower, you heard the water running and smiled. 

After a few minutes you heard the all familiar sound you fell in love with, muting the tv. His birdlike whistles and humming travelled from the bathroom. 

You got up and walked down the hallway, resting your hip on the doorframe. His whistling was louder here but it was beautiful. 

You stepped into the bathroom silently, slipping out of your clothes and slipping into the shower behind him. 

You wrapped your arms around him, resting between his bright red wings. He looked over his shoulder and smiled, "I thought you already showered." he said. 

"I just missed you." you muttered pressing kisses into his skin. He turned to hug you, "I love you lovebird." he smied, "I love you too birdbrain."