Third Person's POV

"Oh and we'll be using you as a bait"

"....eh?" Yashiro laughed at his bewildered face.

"We'll be using you as a bait to lure the yokai's" yashiro clapped her hands in excitement.

"EH!? Are you crazy!? What if I die?!" She looked at him with a reassuring face.

"I already cast a spell to protect you AND if you agree, I can make your salary bigger" she smiled cheekily.

"My salary?" He asked confused.

"Well, you're gonna be with me every day so take that opportunity to capture images of me and send it to your boss" he sighed and agreed with the deal.

"Good! We will start tonight!" His eyes widened in shock.

"Tonight!?" He saw her nod as he stared at her in horror.
♧♡♧♡♧♡♧♡♧♡♧♡♧♡♧♡♧♡♧♡♧♡

Amane was casually walking near the riverside while kicking some pebbles.

'I swear if die tonight, I'll be hunting you for the rest of your life' he groaned in annoyance.

Pssst!

'What was that? Was that a yokai? No, I must have been imagining things' he reassures himself and shrugged it off.

Pssst!

He halted in his tracks and turned his head to search for the voice. He saw nothing but he was beginning to feel creep out so he fastened his pace.

"I don't care about my salary I'm going home" he was about to run but he heard a kid's voice.

"Help me, onee-chan... I'm hungry" the kid stared at him with watery eyes.

"Where are your parents? You shouldn't be out here this late" he was about to approach the kid but yashiro stopped him.

"You've done your part. Good job, Amane!! Now, go somewhere safe" she instructed him.

"That's just a homeless kid, Yashiro. She brings no harm" he explained but she giggled at him.

"Don't be fooled by appearance, Amane. She's originally an old lady who brings illness to whoever approaches her and eats them after the body falls weak." when he heard that, he scurried away from the scene. Yashiro was in her fighting stance and gripped her katana.

"I hate it when someone interferes with my business" the yokai hissed in anger. The yokai began turning into its original appearance with dark smoke behind her.

"You're gonna regret everything" the old lady began striking her with the black smoke.

"Don't let the black smoke hit you, Yashiro. It will make you sick and weak." Mitsuba mind-linked her and thanked him afterwards. Yashiro dodged her attack and slashed the black smoke. She didn't use all her powers and her tails weren't out yet.

"Yashiro!" Amane yelled as he was being chased by the black smoke from afar.

"Fight me, not him!" her tails were now out and she flew towards the old lady. She was hit by the smoke and she felt her body slowly getting weak.

"This is not good" she mumbled as her body fell flat on the rocky surface.

"That's what you get, honourable yashiro-sama" the old lady chuckled and approached her. But yashiro only laughed while she stood up, her tails were now coloured black with eyes deadly red.

"Did you actually think you could beat me? I'm immune to your deadly smoke thingy" Her laugh grew louder and louder. Yashiro absorbed all the black smoke that the old lady was emitting.

"This cannot be" she stared at her in horror and fell on her knees begging for forgiveness.

"Apology accepted" she smirked wickedly. Within a second, she pierced her katana in the old lady's throat. Her body burned and crumbled into ashes.

"Yashiro, are you okay!?" Amane asked as he panted. He was tired from running away from that smoke.

"Yep! You?" She asked as she was now back in her original state.

"I'm tired" his body plopped on the rocky surface but he couldn't care less.

"Get up, Amane. Let's rest up there" he looked at her, curious what she was pointing to.

"The clouds? You can't lay on the clouds, Yashiro " He laughed knowing it was impossible.

"You know I have powers, Amane" Yashiro took his hand without notice and flew above.

"AHHHHH!!" He screamed in fear and clutched onto her.

"You can let go now, Amane" he opened his eyes and saw that they were sitting on the cloud.

"Wow! The moon is so close." He admired the moon and laid down on the fluffy surface.

"Thank you for bringing me up here, Yashiro" he thanked her and she smiled in return. His eyes averted from the moon and stared at her instead. She was effortlessly stunning with her eyes closed and her hair flowing with the wind.

"Stop staring at me, Amane" he panicked internally for being caught and tried acting neutrally.

"I wasn't" he tried denying and sat up.

"Stop lying, Amane" she giggled as she stared at him.

"Well, I can't stop staring at you. My eyes always search for you" he said truthfully and she was surprised by his response. He stared back at her and she looked away but he grabbed her chin.

"Stay still" he commanded. He neared her face as she was slowly heating up.

"A-amane?" He kissed her cheek and she was beyond shock from his sudden action.

"I-im sorry, yashiro. I didn't know what overcame me" his face was as red as a tomato.

"Look at the time, it's past 2 a.m. Let's get you home" she quickly changed the topic and stood up and he followed her action. They held hands and were both blushing. They flew to the location of his house and bid goodbye.

"Stupid, Amane" she said as she gazed at him through his bedroom window. He was preparing to sleep and was throwing a tantrum every now and then.

"Cute" she giggled at him and flew away.

(I deeply apologise for being inactive for a few days and for not updating. But I'm back now YAAYYYY!! I hope everyone is well and happy ^w^ JAAAAYYYYY OUT!!!)