06. queen of inanimate hearts.

I FELT a pair of arms wrap themselves around my waist as I was admiring the briny ocean. I tilted my head to see Marko's angelic face nuzzled into my neck.

"What are you doing?" I giggled softly.

"Nothing." I felt him smile into my neck, then the tender brush of lips. Burning as they make contact with my neck. A hand runs through my hair, as the kisses become harder and more urgent. Another hand slides around my waist and pulls me close to his metallic-scented body, making me wish I had gone with them to feed.

"I know what you're doing." I smirked while enjoying the attention I was getting.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Marko replied, acting clueless.

"I can smell the blood on you." I held back a moan threatening to escape.

"Can you really?" he asked while still kissing my neck. "Paul told us the details about your kiss, said it was hot too."

At that moment, I knew what he wanted and I wanted it too. And so I moved my neck away from him and captured his lips in mine. It wasn't like one of those close-mouthed kisses like you do when you're in eighth grade and you've never held hands before with a boy. It was a full-on, open-mouthed, almost sexual kiss. And I loved it. I loved the way his body melted into mine. The way our lips fit like two puzzle pieces. When we broke away after what seemed like ages he looked at me hungrily and lovingly, almost like Paul did when we first kissed.

"Come on guys." a jealous sounding Paul told us. "Let's go back to the cave."

I walked over to the boys' bikes at a sedate pace, casually swaying my hips knowing full well that Marko's eyes were locked on me. A quiet and low growl erupted from his lips as I swung my leg over his bike.

"You coming?" I smirked at him.

He let out an unnecessary sigh and got on his bike, revving it up. On the way there, I enjoyed the ride this time and actually admired the things rushing past me on the moving bike.

We rode down the stairs and across the beach in a brisk movement. We raced through the forest and after a few minutes the keep out and beware signs came into view. It was foggy, just like it had been the previous times I had been here. The boys slowed their bikes and cut their engines, sedately getting off.

"By the way," Paul spoke while getting off his bike, "I forgot to tell you that you look really hot tonight."

"So you didn't think I was hot yesterday?" I teased him, by now we were already in the cave.

"No, I mean you're hot everyday but-" Paul stuttered.

"I'm messing with you, dumbass." I patted his shoulder and went to sit down on the couch.

"I knew that." Paul flipped his hair.

"No you didn't, potheads don't know that kind of stuff." Marko informed.

"Here we go again." Dwayne mumbled, taking a seat next to me.

"Shut up, go play with your birds." Paul tried offending him.

"I will." Marko huffed and strolled over to his pigeons. 

"What have I gotten myself into?" I sighed.

"Your happily ever after, obviously." Paul commented.

"That was rhetorical." I deadpanned.

"So Elizabeth," David started. I looked over to him in his wheelchair and he continued, "you weren't here when we woke up, gave us a little shock. Where'd you go?"