17. dead meat.

MAX HAD driven back to his house, but I didn't go inside with him. Instead I had rushed back to the cave, hoping the boys were there. I was slowly losing my mind knowing that the Emerson household was the place where my boys got killed. All the tension and anger I felt with David last night left my body as it got replaced with fear. This was going to happen soon and I knew it.

I practically ran down the rickety steps once I had made it to the cave, and thankfully the boys were there just doing their own thing, along with Laddie who was fast asleep in his bed.

"Lizzie, I'm sor—" David stood up from his seat, beginning to apologize.

"Shut up, I don't care." I waved him off, tension flowing through my body. "It's happening." 

"What is?" Dwayne asked quietly, looking over to me.

"My visions." I stated, my voice shaking slightly. All of their faces dropped and the silence was louder than ever.

"How do you know?" David wondered, a look of anger and shock upon his face at the news.

"Because Max was supposed to have a date with Lucy, but I tagged along because I overheard Sam and those Frog Brother's talking about Michael being a half vampire. And the three of them were there as well, trying to catch Max out about being the head vampire. They failed, obviously, but their bathroom is the exact same from my vision, the stereo is the exact same from my vision, and the antlers were the exact same from my vision. All in their house." I explained as I then looked over to Marko. "I don't want them to come here and hurt you. I won't let them. I'm gonna kill them all, I swear to god they're all fucking dead."

"Angel—" Marko began, but I cut him off like I just did with David.

"No, I know it's going to happen very soon. I can practically feel it all over me." I started panicking and pacing around the cave.

"Lizzie, it's going to be okay. We're not going to let them hurt us." Dwayne assured me as he sat me down on the couch next to him.

"If you aren't going to let them hurt you, then why the fuck am I getting visions about them doing it?" I exasperatedly inquired.

"Fuck that, why don't we just kill them now?" Paul shook his head and stood up, also beginning to panic. 

"We can't." David persisted, even though he wanted them dead too.

"Why the fuck not? Says who?" Paul demanded.

"You know who. Max. Believe me, I want them gone too, but that's up to Max." David tried to reason.

"I should've killed them all when I had the chance." I said emotionlessly as I stared off into space.

"We'll get them, okay?" David promised as he walked over to me, crouching down to my level and placing his gloved hand on my cheek. "But for now, we wait."

"Wait for what, David? For them to kill us? For all we know it could happen tomorrow, or even in a few hours. I don't want to wait around long enough for it to happen." I shook my head with a saddened look on my face.

"I won't let anything happen, you're safe. We all are." David promised.

THE BOYS insisted I slept with them in our bed this morning, worrying about me not being near them in case anything did happen. They promised me Laddie would be fine on his own. It took a lot of convincing but now I was lying in bed with the four of them.

I hadn't slept at all, the reason being I didn't need to and because I was extremely paranoid. And, it's a good thing I didn't go to sleep because my body shot up as I started to hear voices in the cave.

"What's that smell?" I heard someone ask in the distance.

"Vampires, my friend. Vampires." A familiar voice answered. It was Edgar, they were here, they were going to kill Marko. Fear ran all through my body as I tried to wake David up.

"David, wake up! They're here." I whisper shouted so they couldn't hear me.

"Shh, it's still light out. Go back to sleep." David groggily told me.

"David, I'm being serious. Those Frog brother's are here, wake the fuck up." I quietly demanded.

David's eyes shot open as he sat up in the bed, listening carefully. His jaw clenched when he heard their voices, standing up from the bed and walking over to the doorway. Dwayne had heard the conversation and the voices, and now he was stood beside David.

"What do we do?" Dwayne questioned quietly.

"We still can't kill them yet, so..." David began and started growling loudly, hoping it would scare them away. Dwayne joined in, letting out a deep, guttural growl. I heard the boys' heartbeats pick up and it seemed to be working. The growling had woken Paul and Marko up, who were very confused and in a sleepy daze.

"What's going on?" Paul grumbled as he yawned. 

But Marko knew, he could hear them in the cave. I moved over to him and held him closely to me, not wanting to let him go.

"If you think for a second I'm letting you go anywhere near them, you're wrong." I told Marko, still afraid of what I saw in my vision. "You're staying with me."

"I can't believe they actually have the balls to come here, I'm gonna tear them limb from limb—" Paul growled.

"Paul, shut up." I cut him off, not wanting them to hear us.

David and Dwayne's growls seemed to work a charm once David let out a loud, vicious roar, causing the boys to scream in fear, their loud footsteps running out of the cave and their voices yelling for someone to start the car.

"Laddie." I gasped, letting go of Marko and running out of the room, making my way to the main area of the cave.

"Lizzie!" Marko shouted after me.

My body started to shake once I saw his bed was empty, he was gone. They took my little boy.

"They're all fucking dead."  I said to myself with the deadliest tone.

"Is he okay?" Dwayne worriedly inquired when I got back to our room.

"They fucking took him. I'm going to kill them all. I'm gonna rip them to fucking shreds." I raged as Dwayne tensed up. "Why did they take him? What do they need him for? He's just a little boy."

"It'll be okay, we'll get him back." Dwayne brought me into a tight hug.

"I promise you, once the sun goes down we'll get him back, and if he's hurt, I will kill them all." David promised. "But for now, we need to sleep, okay?"

I nodded with a sad look upon my face as we all got back into bed. If they've done anything to hurt Laddie, those stupid fucks better pray for their lives.