02. maybe i'm a threat.

WE DROVE to the boardwalk with the roof down again and the air seemed even warmer than it was the previous night. I went to the video store with Max to sort out me having a job. Once I finished filling out papers and going through what time I'll be working, I went and did my own thing for a while.

After ten minutes of walking around, I saw a familiar wild, blonde-haired Rockstar wannabe with three other guys and decided to cause a little mayhem.

"Are these your friends, Paul? I'm surprised you even have any." I smirked at him. He didn't look bothered by my comment and proceeded to look me up and down and let out a low whistle.

"You look even better than you did last night." Paul winked.

"You look even worse." I deadpanned. One of his friends snorted, he was shorter than the rest and the youngest looking one. He had long curly blonde hair and was wearing a colorful jacket that was covered in patches. He had black knuckle-length gloves, a midriff-length white shirt, faded jeans, a leather cowboy style cover over the top of the jeans, and old, tattered brown boots.

The boy next to him was the definition of the dark, tall, and mysterious type. He had long black hair and brown eyes. He was wearing a black jean jacket without a shirt and various necklaces. He wore black pants and black boots. He was pretty cute and looked to be Native American.

The last boy had platinum blonde hair that was styled into a mullet. His eyes were ice blue and he was wearing a black trench coat, black leather gloves, black jeans, and black boots.

"You're so mean." Paul pouted.

"I don't care." I imitated him. I thought of what happened earlier today in the comic book store of Paul and his friends being vampires and smirked. "Besides, I'd be careful of what you say to me since I know what you are and how to get rid of you," I told Paul and then decided to walk away.

"Paul you dumbass, what'd you tell her?" I heard one of the boys ask.

"Nothing, man. Hey wait up." Paul called out. I stopped slowly and turned around to see Paul was in front of me. His friends were a good few meters behind him looking at me curiously.

"What?" I questioned innocently.

"What were you talking about?" he inquired.

"What do you mean?" I played dumb.

"When you said you knew what we were. We're just regular people like you." he tried brushing it off, really badly, might I add.

"Sure." I sarcastically replied.

"Did Max say something to you?" he asked.

"What does Max have to do with this?" I questioned with furrowed eyebrows.

"Just answer the question." he grew impatient.

"No, Max didn't say anything to me." I rolled my eyes.

"Then why'd you ask that?" he demanded.

"I heard rumors about you and your friends." I smiled up at him.

"Like what?" he quizzed.

"Christ, he's gonna get us in trouble." I heard the curly blonde say, he looked really confused when I looked at him. "I think she heard me."

"Bullshit, Marko." the platinum blonde said.

I smirked at Paul, unable to hide my amusement. "Just that you're vampires." I whispered the vampire part.

"Yeah, right." he laughed, trying to hide the tinge of nervousness on his face.

"Can I go now?" I asked listlessly.