Chapter 2

"You know, I think you should punch him next time he says those words to you. Maybe then, his brain starts acting the way it should" Lexy says, rolling her eyes as her friend tells her what happened the other night. It was nothing unpredictable. Every time he got drunk, he somehow was able to call only Marie, or M as their friend group got used to calling her, and then break her spirit and maybe even her heart every damn time with just one sentence.

Lexy was one of the shortest of the group, along with M. Her red hair sometimes made her seem like she was ready to burn everything in her way, especially when angry. But to actually make her angry, people would have to be borderline aggressive towards her or her loved ones. One person seemed to succeed in that task without even being violent or mean. That person was Kim NamJoon. If she was honest, Lexy did not like NamJoon that much. At first, he was a great guy, and they got along well. Until he broke off with his first college girlfriend and got drunk. M took him home, feeling sorry for him, but when she came back, she was as white as a sheet of paper and crying. For a split second, Lexy wondered if he tried hitting on M. She found out it was much worse. Emotional manipulation, or whatever it was called. She was not in the psychology department, but M was, and she picked a few things here and there. NamJoon was lucky Kiki was not around to see how M looked at that moment, or he would have been a dead man.

Ever since that day, Lexy stopped liking NamJoon, no matter how nice and polite he was. Especially after every breakup. Drunken NamJoon was an annoyance, and if she would be able to, she would put him down. But next day NamJoon was a sweet boy, apologetic and quiet, and she hated how fast he forgot everything. M got better at hiding her reactions and emotions after that first time, but Lexy could still see how the hurt shattered into her eyes, sometimes the beginning of a tear sparkling into her eyes whenever he mentioned his drunken state or ex-girlfriend.

"If he continues that way, he will probably date the entirety of the college girls here" she continues, maybe trying to irk M, maybe trying to make her see the light. NamJoon was a douche when drunk, and there was a saying that drunk people were the most honest. M already knew Lexy's opinions on NamJoon, but most of the time ignored her, mostly because she really cared about her friendship with NamJoon. Before she could continue though, the arrival of the rest of their friends, aforementioned douche amongst them, stopped her.

"Hello, ladies." one of the three guys in the arriving group said, chipper and happy from the start of the morning. Wide shoulders, wide smile, eyes sparkling with every word he uttered, and everyone swore there were flowers in the background growing around him. He was one of those cheery people, always ready to make you laugh with a bad joke. His name was Kim SeokJin, the popular actor from the drama major, a third-year and really good at acting and being dramatic when the situation calls for it.

"Morning, Jin" M uttered while Lexy got up to hug one of the other giants of the boy group, TaeHyung, who was her boyfriend. Honestly, the girls were shorties compared to the three guys in the group, especially M and Lexy.

Taehyung was not as wide in the shoulders as Jin, but he was tall, well mannered, and his eyes were hypnotic. Or maybe all that was due to him being a model and a photographer, and studying in the psychology classes, and he learned how to draw people in. His boxy smile was present as he hugged his girlfriend, kissing her forehead, and sitting down, he almost dragged her into his lap. But his boxy smile disappeared the moment he saw M's panda eyes stare into his. It did not take a genius to figure out what happened, especially after NamJoon got seated, groaning the moment his eyes stared into something shiny. Taehyung rested his chin in his hand, making sure to keep eye contact with M, silently and telepathically asking her if she is alright. He already knew what she was going to do by heart, smile and shake her head at him, before looking off into space, trying not to look hurt. His eyes dragged over to NamJoon, and he wished he could talk some sense into the older guy, but after the third try, he just gave up. Either NamJoon was a moron, or he just enjoyed making M suffer. Feeling fingers playing with his hair, Taehyung turned to look at the girl attached to his side, and smiled at her, booping her nose with his long fingers.